Shore Dive - Mississauga/Oakville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board elen. It looks like you are new diver as well so welcome to diving too. Hopefully you find diving as great as I do because I am bordering on an unhealthy obsession with it :D. Did you certify locally? If so, who with and when? I did not certify around here (for my OW anyways) but have dove with a couple of the shops. Most of my diving is just my dive buddy and I without a shop because I tend to shore dive whenever possible to keep costs in line.

Sorry it took long to answer, have not been in this thread for a while.
Thanks for welcoming, :) I was doing my confined with Aquarius Scuba and was doing my checkout in Florida a year ago. Last year I missed most of the season as my no wife and I had some personal events going on so I was kinda off. This year I have everything ready and want to make as many dives as possible. Though I have little experience I managed to make some nice dives including Florida, Marcelle, and Iced Simcoe :)
I find shore diving interesting option now, mostly because of easy accessibility and not very good visibility so I can work on my navigational skills, we went to Humber Park last Thursday and I liked it. Though it's not deep as you know it's enough for my purpose. We can buddy up on weekends if you want. My buddies can only do it on Thursdays and weekends are out of the city.

Hi Elan, the best way to get dive buddies and do lots of dives is to join a dive club. Ontario Underwater Explorers is an excellent big Etobicoke/ Mississuaga based dive club that you might want to consider looking into.
The Big scuba swap is run by the O.U.E and you can get information there too. heres a couple of links Ontario Underwater Explorers Scuba Club - Membership Information and Ontario Underwater Explorers Scuba Club - 18th Annual SCUBA SWAP & SALE

Thanks Simcoediver, I know I currently hung out with 2 of them, most of them start doing dives in late May/June and we still have 2 more month before that. Not many of the club members I know are willing to dive cold water. I got few buddies from my club who we do that with but they are not always available unfortunately.

Hello, all of these items are sitting pretty much on shale or flat bottom and you would be pushing 80 feet. you got to go quite the way out to get to the drop off. ..... any way this is what I have for the Oakville sites ......

Dawn of the dead ................ N43 26 0128 W79 36 5912
Rum Runner ........................ N43 25 2200 W79 39 7260
two bits ..............................N43 25 2170 W79 39 4361
S.A. Queen (and stuff)...........N43 25 1120 W79 39 9700

two opp un knowns are listed as gps locations N43 25 402 W79 37 420, and N43 26 018 W79 36 570 but cannot confirm anything there .......

There is also the birmingham crane listed at N43 26.017 W 079 37.001 this is deep listed as over 130'

I also beleve that there is some other stuff in the area I have reports of a barge PWD 114 that went down between Hamilton and Toronto listed as near Oakville 11 mi. ENE of Hamilton. ?????

I run dives for fun to the Oakville wrecks. I will have a new website up soon.

I also have a face book group with pictures oakvillescubadivers. There are also some small inflatables that go out but they haven't come by for a hello yet, but you should be able to find them on the internet.

Shore dives are dangerous near oakville. it is very shallow and a long swim to get to any depth. Too much boat traffic of Bronte
The better safer shore dives are off coronation park in Hamilton. It was in the Toronto Star front page a few years ago. A pilot spotted a shipwreck.

Zebra mussels made it clear enough to actually dive in Lake Ontario west.

dive safe this summer

Rob

Oakville Divers

Hey this looks good. I've been here working in TO since beginning of march and just found this thread. I have tanks here right now, just need to bring rest of gear over which would be no probs. Did anything materialize out of any of this? Any mid week dives planned?

The better safer shore dives are off coronation park in Hamilton.

Do you have any GPS coordinates for the actual entry and parking for this dive Rob? Would it be around LAT 43.273927 LON -79.896842? I am simply guessing by the location. Any feedback or corrections would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom