Short visit...Puerto Galera or Balicasag Is.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best option for you to get there is have one of the resorts have a driver waiting on you. After all that time flying you will want to get to your destination in comfort and early. If you depart the airport o/a 0630hrs you can be in PG for lunch no problem.
Many of our diving friends make that trip often and prefer to get there ASAP. If you need help with services and a dive shop just send me a PM and I can hook you up with several friendly operations from PG. Good choice and plan on having the best time of you life!

I have decided to visit Puerto Galera and I may have some additional time to explore elsewhere but will keep my options open when I get there. A couple of travel questions I'm hoping someone can help out with. My flight arrives into manila at 5.25am and some reports mention the SIKAT bus operates from the City State Tower Hotel in Mabini St., Ermita, Manila at 8am and others say 9am, am I better off trying to find an earlier bus from one of the other locations instead of waiting around for this one ?

My other question relates to returning back to Manila, I would like to be able to leave in the early afternoon, will the ferries be running then or are they all morning departures ?

Any dive sites that cannot be missed in particular ?

Regards.
Many bus lines head to Batangas Pier throughout the night. The Jam buses in GMA Kamuning and Alps buses in Cubao leave every hour or so. There's also another bus line in Buendia that I can't remember the name of. So if you don't want to wait around you have other bus choices.

I'm guessing you'll probably be based in the Sabang/la lagunas area. The latest public ferry from Sabang leaves at 1:30pm (the one before leaves 11:30am). If that's too early take a water taxi to Muelle and the latest ferry leaves there either 3 or 3:30pm. From White Beach it's 5:30pm.

The dive sites that Caloy mentions are pretty much my favourites too. I like Kilima Steps and the Alma Jane too.

Have fun!

I think the bus line from Buendia-Taft is Jam Liner. Diving around Sabang bay is great! I enjoyed the night dive when I went there the last time.

I have one additional question, getting there seems really confusing with many different bus companies all leaving from different parts of manila, some of which include the ferry to PG and/or you have to pick the right ferry from batangas to whichever port you want to arrive into or take a bangka or jeepney from where you land to where you are staying. Jeez it would be faster to just jump on a plane from manila into somewhere else. No worries I'm still going anyway, anyway my question is if I book with swagman or sikat I know that the ferry is included in the ticket price, do I have to take a specific ferry say the one into puerto galera proper or can I choose the most convenient i.e the one that goes direct to sabang ?

Basically I just want to get there as fast as possible and not have to wait and transfer multiple times. I know I could do the customized airport pickup but I don't want to pay those prices.

There is also the Swagman service that leaves from Swagman Hotel at 8am if I remember correctly, its an air con jeepney which is fun. Just get a taxi from the airport to the hotel, they can even arrange a pick up to the hotel, but its quite pricey.

The banca we got as part of the Swagman ticket went to PG then we got another smaller one to Big La Laguna for P150, easy to find, but I was told sometimes the boat from Batangas stops in Sabang 1st.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom