Should I Buy From Scubastore.com? Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do a search, there was someone with this exact issue recently (Galileo purchased from Scubastore) and they seemed to be having no luck communicating with Scubastore.

Yes I read that thread also, I think it was in the complaints section and they indeed had to send it back to Spain for warranty coverage. Perhaps the OP should contact Scubapro directly and simply ask them. I know for fact Scubastore is an authorised Apeks dealer and that any warranty claims need to be sent back to Spain and I believe this is also the case with Suunto and Aqualung for example, could be wrong but pretty sure Im not. I believe the rationale was that this was/is to protect the US dealers. Good luck.

Just thought I would give a little update. After weighting the pros and cons, I decided to go ahead and purchase a Galileo Luna from Scubastore.com in Spain. I ordered it on Tuesday morning and received it at 9:45am Friday morning. It paired up with the transmitter without a hitch. It has a boat load of features and will take a little time getting to know them all. I will hopefully test it out on a dive next week. Boy, I'm so excited I could weewee on my self! :D

Thanks again for your help. I'm going to give them a try. I'll let you know how it goes.
Did you buy the Luna from Scubastore? How was the experience? I am considering the same thing.

Yes, ordered the Luna. My experience was great and I have no complaints. Luna is off the chain. Took it for a dive last week and it worked with out a hitch. I highly recommend Scubastore.com. I'll be diving again tomorrow and will let you know how that goes.

Wish I had been around to read this, but it's obviously too late!

Read my trials and tribulations with my Galileo Sol here...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...yzers/293236-galileo-sol-warranty-beware.html

I did recieve a new replacement but would NEVER do this again as I was without my dive computer for weeks had multiple communication issues and it cost me $55.00 to ship it back to them.

Scubapro will NOT honor warrantees in the USA purchased from Scubastore.com you WILL have to send it back to them.

Regards.

Claus

I ordered a Scubapro MK17 1st stage about 2 weeks ago, it was in stock, I paid and everything and then nothing. Two days ago I received an email saying that my order has been cancelled and they look forward to my next order soon!!! No explanation, no reason, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!! I have since sent them 2 emails asking what's going on and have heard nothing back!!!!!! Any advice or help? Are they the crappiest store I could have ordered from (it certainly seems like it...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom