Si Tech Silicone Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received a pair of standard size seals in blue early last week. The blue seals seem to have a slightly more pronounced edge that goes into the cuff ring. I used a small amount of silicone grease in the ring grove and fitted the seals. I had the opportunity to do some cave dives this weekend and had no issues.

My suit I believe was a demo (undived) unit and I would guess that they showed customers many times over how easy it is to replace seals causing some wear. I fiddled a bit with my seals when I received the suit it this might also have contributed. The one seal did have an pinhole opening and is only visible if you stretched the seal a bit. This was also the seal that leaked the most.

In any case my problem is resolved and I am so happy with my Fusion. The silicone seals are sooooooo comfortable.

PS:My buddy removed his left wrist seal to show another diver how easy the process is. The very same seal leaked on the next dive. We removed it, cleaned the seals with water, used some silicone grease, refitted the seal and the leak stopped immediately.

Yes they have 2 sizes. My wrist circumference is 18cm and had to take the standard size. I dont have a thick neck and will investigate size beofre I order a spare. Thanks.

let me know if you find out you need small neck seal. I thought I was small, but I fit perfectly on regular without trimming. So I have a brand new small Sitech silicon neck seal for sale. Brand new, never even put on the ring and never put on my neck before

Thanks for the offer, but shipping the seal to the other side of the world is going to be co$tly. Do you know if the lenght of the 2 sized neck seals are the same?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom