Sidemount dot com is it worth it ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was going to let you know the coupon code BLACK was still active for 10% off--regardless, I found the sidemount course to be immensely helpful
yeah i found that out during purchase so I took advantage of it as well. The shear amount of knowledge that I have gained just through the first couple hours of video has been well worth the money...

Andy Davis at Andy Davis Technical Diving | Scuba Tech Philippines has some really good articles for free. He also has an eBook Sidemount: Principals for Success. Around $25 USD

I agree that with many above about finding a good instructor to guide you. I have sought out a few different instructors and will continue to take sidemount classes with different instructors from time to time. Its always good to add to your bag of tricks and see multiple perspectives.

I have spoken with Bjorn Loftis in Texas and I think he would be a great person to take a class from. I have not personally taken a class from him but after speaking with him I would not hesitate to recommend him. I believe he is in the Dallas area.

the videos from Steve Martin are great. I learned 90% of sidemount theory there

Hi everyone,

Really nice to read these comments and I can guarantee you we take the feedback seriously and always like to hear what are the difficulties or problems with the site or what we are offering.

If anyone would like a coupon code, then please send me a message and I can share my unique discount code for ScubaBoard members 😁

Cheers

I absolutely love the content on Sidemounting.com. Watch some of the free videos, and see if you like them in terms of being engaging and your learning style. (I used his videos to "self teach" though I wouldn't really recommend self-teaching unless you have an extreme amount of patience and time.)

Steve's videos may even help you evaluate whether local instructors are competent, before purchasing their classes. For example, the ones in my area apparently use normal backplate setups that are slightly modified, which doesn't drive confidence.
NVM, so about $440 to sign up.
I paid about $200 USD for 1-year of access to the side-mount videos, but not the other ones like instructor and technical. Taking a look at the website, that's "package 3." It may be the same price as before, but better in the US due to improved currency exchange rates.

Total price for 1 year £150.
Then each year you pay £25 to renew.
There are more expensive packages as well, with more content, which is probably the $440 you're referring to.

Hi everyone,

Really nice to read these comments and I can guarantee you we take the feedback seriously and always like to hear what are the difficulties or problems with the site or what we are offering.

If anyone would like a coupon code, then please send me a message and I can share my unique discount code for ScubaBoard members 😁

Cheers
Thanks Vas! Your (and Steve's) videos are the best I have found.

Andy Davis at Andy Davis Technical Diving | Scuba Tech Philippines has some really good articles for free. He also has an eBook Sidemount: Principals for Success. Around $25 USD

I agree that with many above about finding a good instructor to guide you. I have sought out a few different instructors and will continue to take sidemount classes with different instructors from time to time. Its always good to add to your bag of tricks and see multiple perspectives.

I have spoken with Bjorn Loftis in Texas and I think he would be a great person to take a class from. I have not personally taken a class from him but after speaking with him I would not hesitate to recommend him. I believe he is in the Dallas area.
As fate would have it I am taking a class with him in 2 weeks. After talking with him he did seem really knowledgeable and I am very much looking forward to his class and going sidemount

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Wow can I get one also?
I'm just trying to start sidemount course

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom