Skinny Dipper batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might be a day late and a dollar short on this thread but for what it’s worth, you can buy batteries directly from EIT Inc. ORCA, the manufacturer of the Mark II Skinny Dipper, was at one point, a Division of EIT Inc. I don’t believe ORCA is still a Division of EIT nevertheless EIT still uses/sells the same in-line series of three ½ AA batteries for use in one of their Infrared products. Call EIT at (703) 707-9067 Ext 258 (Susan) I just ordered one on 27 Nov 06 and I recv’d it on 29 Nov 06. Each battery costs $30 and they charge $5 for UPS. If you don’t want the “shrink wrapped". Series of 3 volt ½ AA you can simply Google CR14250SE or go to www.interstatebatteries.com/estore/search.asp?mscssid=PMUFQ29JJB3X8M05VGHTRKFM7JJC47F7&details=1&N=2100000&part_number=LIT2330&js=1&RefID=Froogle

I've been diving with my 2 Mark II’s for 18 years. I bought them on Okinawa Japan under the Sherwood Sigmatech Brand. I later had the software and battery doors upgraded under a program ORCA offered in the early 90's. I’ve never had a problem with either of them. Although I have subjugated them to a back-up role, they have accompanied me, like an old friend, on most of my dives and have never let me down. Anyway I still have my original Manual. I converted it to a PDF file for anyone that might still need it. It’s 900 meg so I can’t upload it to this site. If you need it send me an Email and I’ll Email you the file.

majorsupo:
I might be a day late and a dollar short on this thread but for what it’s worth, you can buy batteries directly from EIT Inc. ORCA, the manufacturer of the Mark II Skinny Dipper, was at one point, a Division of EIT Inc. I don’t believe ORCA is still a Division of EIT nevertheless EIT still uses/sells the same in-line series of three ½ AA batteries for use in one of their Infrared products. Call EIT at (703) 707-9067 Ext 258 (Susan) I just ordered one on 27 Nov 06 and I recv’d it on 29 Nov 06. Each battery costs $30 and they charge $5 for UPS. If you don’t want the “shrink wrapped". Series of 3 volt ½ AA you can simply Google CR14250SE or go to www.interstatebatteries.com/estore/search.asp?mscssid=PMUFQ29JJB3X8M05VGHTRKFM7JJC47F7&details=1&N=2100000&part_number=LIT2330&js=1&RefID=Froogle

Sorry to break your bubble, but before my Skinny Dipper was forcibly retired a few years back I was buying batteries from Batteries Plus for a fraction of what EIT charges.

As someone already said in this thread, the ones EIT sells are simply 3 single 3v batteries shrink wrapped together to form a single cylinder. Batteries Plus will put a it together for a VERY competitive price.

Pax,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom