Sleep or lack there of

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe:
It all sounds so easy. I am going to be totally honest here folks. My house is a mess. It drives me nuts and then some.
My family all live along way away and I don't really have anyone in the town that I live in that the kids can go to. Just the way it is. I chose it.
I am thinking a great big cartoon mallet to the head!!! LOL
Hi cobaltbabe! Are you taking anything that may contain caffeine like coffee or tea? If so, try not to have anything with caffeine after 4pm!

Hope this helps.....

I have had a similar situation.

Is something coming up you are particularly worried or concerned about? Something you keep running through your mind? I would get to sleep, but wake up a couple of hours later and think for hours.
Sometimes this would work - lay and, starting at your toes, relax each body part. Think of only relaxing your feet, then lower legs, and work your way up. Think of feeling each individual muscle. Usually, I would go back to sleep before I made it to my shoulders.
Wine would work well to get to sleep, but wears off too soon when I am in a non-sleep state.

hey there Cobaltbabe....sorry to hear about you not getting zzzzzzzzzzzz's.....

NeoCitran with a shot of brandy, whiskey, rum...whatever - it'll help you sleep and knock the snot right outta yah.
Warm red wine.
nice hot bath.
stop reading Stephen King or Dean Koontz (scary)
sleep with earplugs....I was waking up at all hours of the night (suddenly became a light sleeping without realizing it) - used earplugs for a few nights and it worked...sleep pattern back to normal.
I have trouble shutting my brain down at night sometimes - I get so worked up I almost vibrate - not good when trying to sleep...I finally went for a walk and then hot bath...worked.

You definitely sound like you need sleep but also sounds like something on your mind.....a good cry....or standing in a spot and screaming helps.....just let the people around you know it's therapudic reasons....buy a shredder (also therapudic)

good luck!

I highly recommend a good cry...I find it exhausting and relieving at the same time.

Celestial Seasons "Sleepytime" tea always works for me, it's mint & chamomile, which I find more pleasing than straight chamomile - Biegelow's version is good too, I can't remember the name, but it's blue...

Have you tried a fan for white noise? I used to point it at the ceiling so it wouldn't blow on me - but then I got a Brookstone sleep noise maker - rain and babbling brook are especially nice...

cobaltbabe:
Does anyone know of something other then drugs or warm milk that will help someone to sleep. It has been 3 days now that I have gone with less then 4-5 hours sleep and it is finally taking it's toll on me. I can't stand milk and I don't do drugs. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance folks.
Sex............oh wait........maybe that just works for us guys.

Really, next time you are trying to sleep and can't, pay attention to what you are thinking about, it might be this that's keeping you awake, you might be worried about something and it's nagging at you. Try thinking about something you enjoy doing or about good times you've had in the past, just keep your mind occupied with something other than daily problems.

I watch a movie that i have seen a million times and im passed out by 1/2 way through the movie. Movies always relax me and put me to sleep. (no horror or action movies)

I would exercise a LOT, eat a big dinner, turkey if you can, that always puts people to sleep. then have a really hot bubble bath, drink a good bottle of Australian wine, i have never got a headache from them, but have with overseas wines. and read a book. if u stil cant sleep try lying down, closing your eyes, and 'daydreaming', that may help you fall asleep to continue your dream..hopefull some of that works for you, but if not, i hate to suggest drugs but take a panadeine forte, packed full of codeine, if one tablet doesnt knock you out the second one will. you can get them from a doctor, theyre for painful injuries..work great on long haul flights.

getwet2:
Sex............oh wait........maybe that just works for us guys.

Really, next time you are trying to sleep and can't, pay attention to what you are thinking about, it might be this that's keeping you awake, you might be worried about something and it's nagging at you. Try thinking about something you enjoy doing or about good times you've had in the past, just keep your mind occupied with something other than daily problems.
I agree with you Getwet2 (LOL).

Sex.. works, for us girls too.... It just takes a good 3 round bout before it puts us to sleep!(lol)...

Back
Top Bottom