Smoking D Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I quit almost six years ago and remember the exact time i did so. Even today I get a craving once in a while, maybe 3-4 times a year but it's easily brushed off. The key, IMO is to not light up again and if you do, stop again ASAP. It's tough but worth it. Good luck!

Hang in there. It isn't easy but it does get easier as time goes by. Take it one day (or hour, if need be) at a time, talk to friends and steer clear of those activities/places that trigger the desire. After many attempts at quitting, I found that Wellbutrin/Zyban was a big help, although the funky dreams were...funky.

It's been 8 1/2 years since I sucked my last butt after smoking for nearly 30 years. You can do it, too.

reefraff:
Hang in there. It isn't easy but it does get easier as time goes by. Take it one day (or hour, if need be) at a time, talk to friends and steer clear of those activities/places that trigger the desire. After many attempts at quitting, I found that Wellbutrin/Zyban was a big help, although the funky dreams were...funky.

It's been 8 1/2 years since I sucked my last butt after smoking for nearly 30 years. You can do it, too.

Seems like there is some hope for me....been smoking for 37 years and do not know how to give up!

Way to go!! Check out Allen Carr's book, "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking Permanently." The book is VERY long, but very very good. I've been reading it, myself. I'm headed to California tomorrow, but when I get back, I am done with sickarettes.

Good job to all of you who have quit. You are an inspiration. :) Good fortune to all of you (and myself) who are going to quit. It's truly the nicest thing you can do for your health, your family, and everyone who cares about you. :)

I quit 11+ years ago after smoking 1+ packs a day. If I went out drinking, the number smoked was substanially higher.
Good luck to all who have quit, and hang in there, it gets better.

It took me a long time to quit. I used The Patch for nearly a year before I finally was able to quit. but it worked and for the last 3 years, I have been smoke free, 100%! before that, I had been smoking for nearly 20 years, at least a pack a day!

It feels great. You know you finally made it when you go from feeling like a smoker, who is not smoking, to someone who just doesn't smoke!

Way to go all of you! After many attempts to quit I finally managed it on 15th Feb 2005. Had a few lapses since then, mostly at the end of a night out and during my holiday in January but since then and having read all these postings (and given myself a good talking to) I know I will not be doing it again. It feels great to say no when someone offers a cigarette and really mean it!

Back
Top Bottom