Snorkel report from Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Mack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this site is geared towards diving but I thought I would submit a snorkel report from our recent family vacation with our 8-year-old son to Grand Cayman in June.

We had an opportunity to snorkel a variety of places and the house reef at Eden Rock was fantastic. Unlike all the other sites this was over deeper water, which inhibited hunting for “goodies” on the bottom. We had the opportunity to see several octopus, 1 spotted eagle ray, 1 turtle, groups of tarpon which were surrounded by thousands of silver sides, groups of horse eye jacks, parrot fish of every color and every size, peacock flounder, porcupinfish, and herds of sergeant majors along with a variety of other reef fish. On the shallows on the way out we were amazed by the # of rock boring urchins and the # of small sea fans with many of them with blanketed with flamingo tongues. Getting in the water is very easy with 2 ladders that drop into chest deep water. Chris who was working there was a very nice guy and gave us lots of pointers on places to eat while on the island

By all means just looking at "God's wonders". Did not mean to suggest otherwise. Sorry for the confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom