Snorkeling photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still no weight-belt, but able to hold my breath a bit longer...

Solfatara fumaroles just off shore at Anchor Point on Grand Cayman
IMGP0740.JPG

IMGP0720.JPG

"Caught in a mosh" of juvenile Parrotfish
IMGP0775.JPG

IMGP0777.JPG

IMGP0779.JPG

IMGP0745.JPG

IMGP0847.JPG

IMGP0852.JPG

IMGP0857.JPG

IMGP0858.JPG

IMGP0863.JPG

Last edited:
Testudo - you have some good ones! I especially like #3, and it's always nice to encounter a lobster out in the open. I've never heard of fumaroles on Grand Cayman, and I've been there 3 times.

Testudo, great photos again. I like your "underwater scenes" because they really show what a place looks like. However, the water has to be quite clear for these to turn out well. I tend to focus more on closer-in things when I photograph and should probably remember to take more "scenics" if the water is clear enough. I have only seen lobsters out in the open in the daylight a couple of times, so I think these encounters should be considered very special.

Hello All,

My SO and I just got back from a 10-day South Florida Vacation. We have snorkel pics from several sites in John Pennekamp, Dry Tortugas, Biscayne, Peanut Island (Riviera Beach), Bahai Honda, etc. I'm still working on filtering through all the video clips. We are fairly new snorkelers. We started in Oahu last November w/ a 35mm underwater camera and were addicted immediately. Now we have a Sealife DC1200 and a Panasonic TS2 that hit the water for the first time on this trip. Just getting our feet wet with underwater photography/videography. Hoping to go to Bonaire or somewhere else fun soon. Looking forward to learning some tips and tricks from the members here. We don't get daily practice so we have to go with a game plan. Lots of learning this time around. Hoping to have more "keepers" on the next vacation.

Best,
Amy in Colorado

The flickr album is here:
South Florida Snorkel Feb 2011 (Dry Tortugas,Biscayne, John Pennekamp, Etc) - a set on Flickr

Here are a few of my favorites:

day_02_john_pennekamp_barracuda by huskyaddict, on Flickr

day_02_john_pennekamp_grecian_rocks_1 by huskyaddict, on Flickr

day_08_biscane_and_j_penny_white_rocks_sealife 104 by huskyaddict, on Flickr

day_03_dry_tortugas_brain_coral by huskyaddict, on Flickr

day_8_biscayne_nat_park_2 by huskyaddict, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom