Snorkeling photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics and info on this post......

Canon S90 with Ike Housing and W20 WA lens.......

No weight belt so I was near/on the surface for these.....

M

Attachments

• Turtle3.jpg
    Turtle3.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Turlte7.jpg
    Turlte7.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 204
Great pics and info on this post......

Canon S90 with Ike Housing and W20 WA lens.......

No weight belt so I was near/on the surface for these.....

M

The second pic of the turtle at the surface is fantastic.

Dave C......

Thanks for the kind remark......:)

M

Been snorkeling forever, but just started delving into underwater photography. I was having the hardest time staying underwater long and still enough to get good shots. Reading about using the weight belt has given me new hope on getting some of those money shots that were too blurred. Thanks for the tip!

Here are a couple of the better images I managed to capture:
IMGP0153.jpg

IMGP0211.jpg

IMGP0247.jpg

IMGP0291.jpg

Last edited:
Testudo,
I'm not quite sure why you are complaining, because those are really good! I've never seen that big of a staghorn coral thicket, and the last pic is a wonderful reef panorama because the water is so clear. I like the lionfish, too. However, the weight belt will help.

Some stellar photography here!

Didn't mean to come across as complaining. Very pleased with the initial results. Some "potentially" great shots of a Moray and a large Barracuda came out less than stellar due to buoyancy taking effect. The Moray was at a depth of about 12 ft and every time I got close enough I started getting pulled towards the surface no matter how hard I was kicking.

Some stunning images here guys, very nice indeed :cool2:

My Canon S1-IS has packed in so I need to invest in another camera. At the moment I just have a camcroder but with the housing it's pretty bulky. Keep the pictures coming!

Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom