Snorkeling photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for their compliments.

Scubagirl,
To edit my photos, I use a combination of Jasc (an old, cheap, and simple program that is no longer available - it was taken over by Paint Shop Pro) and Photo Elements 6. Usually all I do is use the auto correct feature (auto levels in PE 6) and then sharpen and crop. I don't use the underwater mode on the camera; in my opinion, this often doesn't turn out that well. The auto levels in PE 6 and the comparable "quick fix" in Jasc usually turn out very similar for shallow water snorkeling photos, although sometimes one is better than the other. I haven't fooled around much with PE 6, and when I have, I don't seem to come up with better results than the simple "auto levels" command. I have another photo editing program - Paint Shop Pro X, but I have not found its auto correct feature to be very good for snorkeling photos.

I don't white balance my camera underwater, so photo editing is essential to bring out the colors in my shots. The auto correct commands in the two programs I mentioned seem to do the job for me.

Terrific photos.!!!!

HELP ???Any suggestions where I can get a good used entry camera and case. I have been looking for my panasonic lumix tz3, but the case is worth more than the camera. Should I look for a canon with marine case instead? I'm from South west ontario. I want to take your kind of pics. We are off somewhere warm first of Feb. Again thanks for sharing. You've inspired me !

CharH: Thanks! In one of my replies on page 1 of this thread I give info. on the cameras.

Do you use special filters to get your pics so clear? Those are awsome!

Thank you. No filters. I just depend on bright tropical sunshine (I don't take pics when it's overcast, and I sometimes even wait for clouds to pass before taking a photo), plus some simple very simple post-processing. If you take photos in the tropics in clear water less than 15 ft deep, there is plenty of ambient light for photos. Also, I set iso to 100 so the photos are not noisey (grainy).

Wow, those are indeed some fabulous photos? All taken while breath holding/snorkeling?

I've only used my setup 3x so far. I have a Sony DSC-W300 w/housing. I've gotten about 12-15 great photos out of the 400 I took on my trip so the learning curve is obviously pretty steep and of course it's all about your position too.

Nice work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom