So should I buy Hollis BCDs? I need opinions please. Thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi SD,

Yes, the HTS harness can be used with or without a backplate.

Whether you wish to add or subtract d-rings, this can be easily modified by unweaving the shoulder strap.

Thanks,

Thanks Nick.

BTW- Dove the DC2 212 last weekend. Very nice breathing regulator. I wouldn't mind owning either of the Hollis regs.

SD

I'm planing on getting two Hollis BP/w-s, one for me and one for my son.

Hollis is a new brand made by the Oceanic guy’s. They like to get their feet wet in technical diving. As far as I know, Hollis is made in China. It is a bit more expensive then OMS, Dive Rite, or even Halcyon. While I did not dive it, I did see it during 2007 DEMA. To me, it does not really make a difference – a stainless steel backplate is a stainless steel backplate, and a good wing is a good wing.

Did somebody mention stylish??? Perhaps I wait until Louis Vuitton comes out with his own scuba diving collection until I buy anything new!

I'm planing on getting two Hollis BP/w-s, one for me and one for my son.

I think you'd be happy with the HTS in that it is convertable to both soft and hard backplates. Personally, I like padded shoulder straps and sometimes I don't want to wear a backplate. Best of both worlds.

The gear looks to be very well-made and sturdy. Components are top quality. My only complaints:

1) Tank cam buckles need rubber backing to provide better grip and keep from damaging the tank. Also would like to see SS buckles used instead of plastic (pretty sure these are available from Hollis, right?)

2) I'm not wild about the SS buckles on the waist strap- they seem a little flimsy and sharp compared to those being used by other manufacturers. Again, this is just my opinion...

Other than that, I give them very high marks. I will probably break down and purchase an HTS and SS backplate.

I had a chance to check out the Hollis BC recently, and from and "Industry Insider" I have to admit that I was very impressed with the quality and the improvements they made on many of the Tech BC's I've seen recently. Granted, their NW rep, Mike Hooley , is and old friend, but I really liked the design and functionality of the new designs. Nick has done and amazing job with this line.

I had a chance to check out the Hollis BC recently, and from and "Industry Insider" I have to admit that I was very impressed with the quality and the improvements they made on many of the Tech BC's I've seen recently. Granted, their NW rep, Mike Hooley , is and old friend, but I really liked the design and functionality of the new designs. Nick has done and amazing job with this line.

Thanks Jerry,

Hope all is well.

Hey Nick, I live in Northern MN and I would like to check out the Hollis HD100. Is there any way I can to do this without having to drive a 138 miles.
Thanks

If your interested Hanzo, go on my site, buy the HD100(it wont ring you up, but give me your info) this way I have your info on hold. I will then send you a HD100 in your size as early as today(as soon as I get the info)...You can then see it in your house :D If you like, you keep, and I ring you up. If you dont like, all your out is shipping it back to me...Sound good?

I am looking at getting the HTS, but have yet to see it in person and have looked around quite a bit on Oahu in Hawaii.

Does anyone know specifically which dealers on the island have the HTS in stock, or will be stocking it soon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom