So should I buy Hollis BCDs? I need opinions please. Thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis ATS is great if you want a great recreational rig. Enjoy mine off of coastal NC

I want a good tech diving rig which can be used with a single tank, and by the looks of the harness the ATS and HTS are similar, but the ATS can't be used with doubles. If the HTS is like the ATS I am almost certain it's what I'll end up with but I want to see it in person first.

I want a good tech diving rig which can be used with a single tank, and by the looks of the harness the ATS and HTS are similar, but the ATS can't be used with doubles. If the HTS is like the ATS I am almost certain it's what I'll end up with but I want to see it in person first.

The ATS is similar to the HTS in the overall construction and weight pkt assembly, but you are correct in that it cannot be used with doubles. If you are looking for a rig capable of handling singles as well as doubles, the HTS is a great choice but it really boils down to preference. I suggest a closer look at both the HTS, and our Backplate/Harness systems.

Best Regards,

Is there any reason I would not want the HTS for recreational diving (more specifically Instruction). In other words, is there something missing from the setup that will be hard to explain to my students or make me wish I just used a different BC for tech diving and rec diving?

Thanks for the answers so far everyone and I may take you up on that offer Mike.

Only thing I would say you might miss, is the dump pull on the inflator....On most BCs you can pull the inflator, and its a quick dump, on that one, there isnt :wink: Other than that, it would be great for teaching!

I am lazy and use my quick dump occassionally, but really never have a need for it, and don't feel that demonstrating that facet would really be any harder without the feature on my BC since I would usually use a student to demonstrate it anyways.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm going to give the local search a little more time then I'll probably be contacting you. Like to support the local shops if I can, but if they don't carry it, their loss.

I am lazy and use my quick dump occassionally, but really never have a need for it, and don't feel that demonstrating that facet would really be any harder without the feature on my BC since I would usually use a student to demonstrate it anyways.

I did try out the HTS, ATS and the x37 bladder. I made my choice with the x37 bladder with a switchback harness. It just satisfies the minimum for twins and have ample allowances for single tanks. You could try that setup if you want. ;p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom