So... What did you do on your Labor Day Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hermosadive:
Since it's only Saturday & the first day of the weekend, your post is a little premature don't you think? :eyebrow:
So.... are you saying that I may have had a "premature emanation" :06:

Balanced the checkbook - drank a beer
Gave self manicure pedicure - drank a marguarita
Washed the kitchen floor - drank a beer
Dusted the rest of the house - drank another beer
Shaved the cat (yup! he likes it) - drank another marguarita
Invited some friends over who lost power - Ate too much - drank a bottle of Zambuca (with some assistance)
Shot some pool - drank some more beer
Played cards - drank more beer
That was yesterday!
Today we drove around to survey damage and bring some ice to friends house.
About to crack a beer, no maybe a marguarita, or rum and coke - whatever!

ReneeC:
Balanced the checkbook - drank a beer
Gave self manicure pedicure - drank a marguarita
Washed the kitchen floor - drank a beer
Dusted the rest of the house - drank another beer
Shaved the cat (yup! he likes it) - drank another marguarita
Invited some friends over who lost power - Ate too much - drank a bottle of Zambuca (with some assistance)
Shot some pool - drank some more beer
Played cards - drank more beer
That was yesterday!
Today we drove around to survey damage and bring some ice to friends house.
About to crack a beer, no maybe a marguarita, or rum and coke - whatever!

I need to hang with you, all I did yesterday was drink a bottle of wine.

Let's see....baked banana bread, cookies, brownies before power went out (then distributed to different people so I wouldn't gain the hurricane 5), baby-sitting my brother's German shepherd for the weekend, so trying to keep both of us from going crazy while trapped indoors. We went for a long jog yesterday before the storms hit, had a "Rocky"moviethon with my parents, slept, tried several times to make the dog go to the bathroom outside in the rain and wind, chased a little frog around the house, slept some more, made two pots of strong coffee, caught up on all of my magazines, finished a John Grisham book, did power yoga and pilates with dog trying to join in....yawn, what's next?!!

Let's see...

Checked in 300 rooms of mostly storm refugees, helped prepare over 1400 meals, calmed the nerves of a few nervous seniors, broke up a dog fight, broke up a domestic fight, hung out a window to tie down a large "W" on the building sign that broke loose, made up some beds, thanked the employees who made it into work a million times, bought the house a round of drinks, cancelled three weddings, consoled a young couple who's wedding got cancelled due to the storm, arranged for the rabbi to do the ceremony in his office, housed 30 employees and families on site so we could operate, sliced my finger cutting fruit, ripped my pants pulling limbs off of guests cars, watched too many hours of swirling red and green patterns on TV, called home a few times to make sure the family was OK, offered help to other hotels without power/food/telephones, took pictures of storm damage, cleaned up dog poop, cleaned up people puke, apologized that the pool/health club/satellite TV/room service was closed or broken, bussed tables, poured drinks, drank a case of beer with the restaurant/bar/kitchen staff at 11:00pm after they had worked since 5:00am, slept for six hours, drove around looking for rabbit ears to TV's, apologized that the health club located in a separate building accessible from outside only really was closed for safety reasons, reset mechanical systems and chillers with each power bump, updated corporate office staff as to status, extended stays of people who couldn't leave and wondering where I going to put all the new arrivals, unclogged storm drains, recieved a bunch of calls from my worried mother, cursed the dent and scatch on my car from a tree limb, played poker with guests for an hour, asked people to please keep their windows closed, asked people not to go outside to smoke when gusts reached 60 mph and it kept smacking the door into the plate glass window whenever they opened it, gratefully took a ton of compliments on how well the staff perform under the circumstances, begged the food wholesaler to make a delivery Monday morning, reset the phone system after a power bump made it past the UPS, drank too much coffee.

And then on Saturday.... :D

Marc

Played tourist in Savannah, followed my foodie friends advice and ate at a restaurant called Garibaldis. Wow! One of the best meals I ever had. Great seafood.

Spent the third night in a motel paying more than I want. Bought 3 boat tanks to carry gas if the stations aren't powered up or are out on the way down, spent more than I wanted. Told myself I was foolish to carry the gas, told myself I was foolish not to.

Got tired of following Frances on the weather channel so swithched to following Ivan on the NOAA site.

there is gas along the turnpike on the service islands for evacs only.

After going cabin crazy here in hollywood my family and I headed out to Flanagans in Davie for some damn good BBQ ribs for dinner and a good thing we got there early. after 10 of having our name on a 30 min wait. they were not taking any more names for dinnner and had to tell other people that were arriving that they were running out of food. I just did not want to stay home another night watching HGTV for dinner.
mmmmmmmmmm those ribs made my night as well as everyone else.

Wanted to go to Cold Stone Ice cream store for dessert but they were still closed :06: but settled for Baskin and Robbins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom