So... What did you do on your Labor Day Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took my sons out on the boat to do some wake boarding, spending some time at teh local dive shop, working on dive master knowledge reviews. I would rather be diving. You can't learn to dive at the computer. Sooner or later you have to get in the water.

You the bomb! Glad I wasn't in your shoes.
But then also glad I was just bored. I'm part of the Hollywood Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and other than an after the storm assessment we weren't put to hard work. If any of you local SB'ers would like to learn more about how to help after a major storm ask me or go look into your local CERT program.

So now that I've spent my Sunday...

Playing cards, Racko, Life, Wheel of Fortune (on computer), eating way too much, another game of pool, and more drinking (happy to have caught my favorite liquor store in the process of taking down their plywood) - I'm looking forward to a quiet Monday somewhere other than inside these walls!!

Hope all you other FL Conch Divers are ok! Thoughts and prayers have been with you throughout!

This weekend was too much fighting with the kids and hurricane preparation. We are next!

My family in South FL survived, but still have no power.

For those of you that help with the storm before, after, and/or during - THANKS!!!

Wings:
Hey Gang.... Living in Florida is GREAT..... even with a hurricane passing by every now and then.
Was net control on a ham radio hurricane net. Taking weather/damage reports and forwarding them to the national hurricane center. But mostly paced the floors between phone calls from my g/f in WPB.

Bob

Over friday - sunday - read (a lot), got stir crazy, drank some, played board games, played another game of moving stuff from fridge to freezer and back again as the power came on and off for about 6 hours. Today - cleaned out the gutters and yard, still stir crazy, but less so, wish i were diving. :wink:

Really looking forward to going back to work after a nice relaxing weekend, and a nice time off from working! :wink: If i am lucky we might have power, but no AC or lighting again like after Charley - cant wait.

Compared to the damage assesed our area did not receive major damage. We didn't even loose sattelite signal we were very lucky!

We spent it together watching movies & the news, calling friends and family finding out who was doing what.. Over all it was a very nerve racking, anxious yet relaxing wk end! :wink:

Did I mention nerve racking and anxious! (OK, just checking didn't want to leave anything out!)

Saterday, Sunday, and Monday we had house guests (they were worried that they weren't safe where they were.

We had a nice hurricaine party.. we drank hurricaines for a while then swithed to beer.

Lost power Sunday, but got it back Sunday night.

Guests went home Monday, thats when the rain really picked up.

Woke up this morning to see the water rising onto my back poarch.

Fortunately that responded to a few hours of digging a drainage ditch.

and finally the cable modem is back up!!!!!!!!
-Mike

Sitting on my mother's back porch listening to trees fall, cutting up the trees that fell, moving sections of treees that fell, feeding a tiny generator gas, drinking warm beer at night. Did I mention that electricity absolutely rocks? Looking forward to a shower. Did I mention that electricity REALLY rocks?

I spent the time processing and taking pictures of damage what else for next week or so , I wanted to post some of the pictures but my boss says I cant they belong to FEMA and have to go through the media department go figure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom