So what takes your breath away...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son Andy's 100th dive with a somersault!
P7254324.jpg

P7254595.jpg

The time a big loggerhead tried to mount me...........well didn't really take my breath away, but I think I lost some browm ballast:shakehead:
John

Finding a nudibranch that I have never seen before

I just had that experience 2 days ago. My happy dance attracted some others from our group to see what all the fuss was. The best part was that I got a few good pics of this tiny little thing with my point and shoot.

Being on a night dive (at dusk actually) and seeing that last remaining light shimmer off something large coming toward you in the distance, lighting it up and seeing that it was only a curious nurse shark.

The first dive at a new site, and every dive at others.

Watching my youngest zoom around the pool on a scooter during a scuba rangers camp and my oldest nailing his mask clear on the first try.

Big things and little things . . .

Spending thirty minutes underwater on a scooter, playing with a whole troop of juvenile sea lions who appeared to be enjoying the sport every bit as much as we did.

Swimming toward the wrecked Volkswagen at a Florida dive site, only to discover that the "Volkswagen" was a FISH!

Finding a nudibranch at a local site that I had never seen before . . . and then again, when I found out it was a range extension for the critter, and Peter and I got "Slug of the Week"!

But any good viz with lots of fish will do it. I looked up through the haze yesterday, through the few remaining kelp stalks, and watched shiner perch and black rockfish floating imperturbably between me and the sun, and I got goosebumps.

Going down through the halocline in Jailhouse into the immense, blue and white corridor still does it, too :)

i'm sure there's lots waiting to take my breath away.. but so far...

my first dives in clear water (i trained in 12' viz)...
my first night dive in clear water where we drifted and saw a multitude of sea life including octopi, sharks, turtles, huge crabs etc...

Back
Top Bottom