SoCal Dive Extravaganza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji:
Santa ana to honolulu, $487 round trip, june 13th-20th, found on orbitz

Dare answered!

Scott

Ok, Now find me one from San Diego. Doesn't do me any good to find a deal out of LAX or SNA if I end up paying the difference in train or fuel and parking.

:11ztongue

drbill:
No one interested in the Red Sea, Tanzania, Mozambique, or (switching continents) Galapagos, Fernando de Noronha, Abrolhas, Los Roques...

Dr. Bill
Sounds like you've just thrown those locations into the pool!

Christian

drbill:
No one interested in the Red Sea, Tanzania, Mozambique, or (switching continents) Galapagos, Fernando de Noronha, Abrolhas, Los Roques...

Dr. Bill

Bill,
Don't know about Red Sea, Africa and other places you mentioned but......
For about $2000, I can arrange a great 10 days diving exurcion to Turkey/Greece waters of Mediterennean Sea...including air fare, transportation, private dive boat(2 tank dives per day for 5 days of diving), accomodations, breakfast/dinner and two days of sight seeing. How about it?

Cheers....

jetfixer:
Any shore diving worthwhile there? The resort looks awesome!

Todd,
With my appologies, correction on shore diving info at Cabo Pulmo....this is the answer I got back from the resort manager:

The dive rates are $65.00 for two tanks and $45.00 for 1 tank, plus $20.00 of equipment(no charge for weights/tanks only), same for night dives or afternoon dives.
…beach dives are not allowed in Cabo Pulmo, reason is the marine preservation, all divers need to be under supervision for better care of the reef.

I forgot how strict they are on protecting their park...which is a good thing! However, they are cool about snorkeling.....still pretty cool.

Cheers....

Donde esta Cabo Pulmo?

kelp elite:
Todd,
With my appologies, correction on shore diving info at Cabo Pulmo....this is the answer I got back from the resort manager:

The dive rates are $65.00 for two tanks and $45.00 for 1 tank, plus $20.00 of equipment(no charge for weights/tanks only), same for night dives or afternoon dives.
…beach dives are not allowed in Cabo Pulmo, reason is the marine preservation, all divers need to be under supervision for better care of the reef.

I forgot how strict they are on protecting their park...which is a good thing! However, they are cool about snorkeling.....still pretty cool.

Cheers....

Thanks for the clarification. It seems that a place with good shore diving options as well as dive boats would be ideal. From a cost standpoint anyway. This place sounds interesting to me, especially since it is Sapphire approved :wink:

kelp elite:
Bill,
Don't know about Red Sea, Africa and other places you mentioned but......
For about $2000, I can arrange a great 10 days diving exurcion to Turkey/Greece waters of Mediterennean Sea...including air fare, transportation, private dive boat(2 tank dives per day for 5 days of diving), accomodations, breakfast/dinner and two days of sight seeing. How about it?

Cheers....

Thanks for the suggestion. However, when I dive in a region I haven't filmed already, I need to get in a minimum of 30-50 dives to ensure reasonably good coverage in my video work. To do only 10 dives in that area (which I haven't been in since the late 60's) would be too little diving for what I need to do. Like the Greek Islands (especially Rhodos and Crete).

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom