Socks to avoid chafing in my boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use lycra dive socks like others have mentioned, but in a similar thread some years ago someone mentioned cycling socks. Synthetic and very thin--meet the requirements, I suppose. I tried a pair of Pearl Izumi cycling socks, and they worked fine, though I didn't find them any better than the lycra dive socks.

I'm pretty rough on clothes and I've torn all Lycra stuff I've used. I've found the XS Scuba Beefy socks and the Sharkskin socks mentioned above were tough enough to put up with me.

Walmart. Mens black dress socks. Easy to slide your foot in and out. Buy a few pair - they get stinky quick!!

I'm pretty rough on clothes and I've torn all Lycra stuff I've used. I've found the XS Scuba Beefy socks and the Sharkskin socks mentioned above were tough enough to put up with me.

For me the issue is that Lycra socks are just too thin to work for me. I need something thicker.

For me the issue is that Lycra socks are just too thin to work for me. I need something thicker.
Agreed. I'm also between sizes on boots so the thicker socks we mentioned not only let the boots slide on better, they take up some excess space.

I love these sharkskin childproof socks.
Childproof? Awesome! I hate it when my kids steal my socks. Lol

Seriously, my feet got beat up in Galapagos and a DM and a fellow passenger lent me lycra socks - saved the second week of my trip. I will never go on a liveabord without them.

Childproof? Awesome! I hate it when my kids steal my socks. Lol

Seriously, my feet got beat up in Galapagos and a DM and a fellow passenger lent me lycra socks - saved the second week of my trip. I will never go on a liveabord without them.
Too funny!!! Typo fixed.

Back
Top Bottom