Solo in pompano next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coupla good days with PDC so far. Nice people, great sturdy boat with knowledgable dms and captain. Plus the weather and conditions have been superb so alls well! Saw some giant groupers lion fish, lobsters and crabs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it seems the diving is better during the week this week.....however i'm a weekend diver also....hope your trip is going well.

Thanks. Gonna chck out Jupiter tomorrow. Not sure with who. Gotta call in the morning. Now for Saturday any of y'all doing that relay beach dive out of prado park? Or datura. Never done a shore dive but would like to try. Do you all think it's an ok spot for a first timer? Doing ok on the drift dives this week but I'm not a super strong swimmer. They swim out about 400 ft to the second reef. The organizer from Gold Coast scuba said sure, come on down so I think I'm gonna go for it! Hope to meet some of you down there! Hey it's for a good cause too ! Plus it sounds fun as chit!

did you do the beach dive? The swim out sounds intimidating for those that have never done it. Not so bad, eh?

I did thanks! Great end to my first week of Florida diving. Went out with Gold Coast scuba as part of the scuba relay for life. It was so cool and different then the other reefs I've dived. Small and beautiful. Saw two small sharks, and a turtle. Stayed 13 ft down for over an hour! I was puffing hard after the swim out but they waited for me and we all descended together. Five minutes of normal breathing underwater and i forgot all about the swim
Also dived in Jupiter on Friday and that didn't go as well. Let's just say it was a bit/ good bit, more challenging. Low vis, lost the guide, I was the more experienced of the insta buddies, got dizzy etc... Handled it well so All good over all and the beach dive exceeded expectations. A great week of diving!. Looking forward to another week in July. Love to try that beach dive again if you re around!

glad to hear you had fun... i had planned to go to the relay but we got a flea infestation in the house & the yard I had to take care of -- there are a few other good spots for beach dives here too. someone did the haulover pipes recently and had a good dive there...plus the scenery on the walk was excellent i heard. :cool2:

glad you had a great time and good conditions on most of your dives.......perhaps in july some of us scuba boarders will be available to go with you....... ( on the week end)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom