SOLVED: Wreck Raider Dive Charter -- No Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still think there might be more to this story.

the OP says he tried to call 3 times the day before the dive and never got a returned phone call. If he was in Florida (and not home in Texas), I doubt he left his home phone number to reply to. (perhaps his cell or his rented condo or hotel phone).

see below quote from the other day.

Anyway, that cleared up the mix up, but I'm still miffed the fact that I called him 3 times the day before the dive and never once returned my call.

I agree with jvihe. maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Reefhound:
Rob aka Wreck Raider, my name is subzero but as you can see I have changed my name to reefhound, so be sure to book my free dive under reefhound, ok? p.s. I'll save my gas receipts.

:rofl3:

When two party transactions like this go haywire, neither party is typically "happy". I am guessing that the facts, on both sides, are exactly as stated. The OP gave his home phone number and not his cell number. That didn't help him much, because he was not at home. The operator only had the home number. I left the message, probably thought the message went through to the OP, and assumed the issue closed. The OP probably tried to phone three times with no answer. The operator probably didn't return all of the missed calls that showed up on his caller ID....or they showed up as UNKNOWN NUMBER.

Both wish it had not happened. The OP missed a dive and did a lot of unnecessary driving. The operator missed the income of a boat trip I am sure he wished was filled up. The operator made an offer to attempt to fix the unfixable. The OP didn't take him up. Nobody wins.

Note: I do a lot of orders each day. Most go perfect. The ones that screw up really screw up. Not all things can be fixed to everyone satisfaction. Oh, I also on occasion wait for the cable guy when he doesn't show at all. So, I fully understand it from both sides.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

I agree with all the posts here, however, only one side is saying they messed up and that's Wreck Raider, even though I think at the most he is only 50% responsible for the issues, where's Slimy Zero went out of his way to slander the guy and put icons and such to discourage others from putting food on the guys table. Is that right? I stand my ground that the op owes an apology to wreck raider! In my book Wreck Raider gets an extra two stars for going above and beyond to make it right for the guy who shot himself in the foot.

well I don't think that Wreck Raider meant to screw up the guys dive. he called the guy and cancelled and went about his merry 4th of July. Yeah he could have done it better by making sure he had a local phone number.... but apparently he didn't.

However there is still the question of the quoted 3 phone calls to confirm the day before. If this was true, it could have avoided the whole situation. (I'm not sure if he dropped the ball here or not......)

I think that Wreck Raider tried to make good by offering a free day of diving plus gas money. that's more than some charters would do.

But like Phil said, nobody wins here.

I just find it strange he has not come back on here since Wreck Raider posted.

LOL I saw that..

After following this in the shadows I too have to ask the OP................Is it true that you gave Wreckraider your home phone number instead of your cell number? If so, you should appologize, especially if you honestly forgot that you had done that. Your initial anger may be somewhat justified, but if that is what happened, eat a little crow and get on with things. We all can make mistakes and say things that seem justified at the time. If you expected him to make it right where he was wrong, you should also expect that from yourself. We all make honest mistakes as "perception is reality". In the end, we need to be adults and accept responsibilty for the mistakes that belong to us. If Wreckraider didn't get back to calls you made, then he too should accept responsibility so everyone can get back to the fun stuff. :coffee: Mark

I know I would have been on that boat for free. I mean come on. Its only like a 45-50 minute drive from Destin to PC.

Been offline for 3 days and just had the chance to respond. As jviehe said, the truth is somewhere in between Rod and my side of the story and I agree with that statement. In the end, both of us tried contacting each other, but ended up leaving voice mails that neither of us got to. I also agree with what most folks have said, that I owe Rod an apology. Looking back, when I posted this thread, I was fuming and emotions were running high. So, just before posting this reply, I called Rod and personally apologize to him for the way I reacted and the way I handled things.

So, to Rod and to his company, Wreck Raider, I'd like to publicly apologize for the way I reacted and handled this whole situation; I'd also like to apologize for attacking your reputation. Looking back, I should have handled the situation differently by resolving the issue amongst ourselves and not making it public.

Hopefully, with this apology, we can put this issue to rest and move on.

@Mod, perhaps you can delete this thread a few days from now? Thanks.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom