Sound off!! Whats your favorite Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic B2

WileEDiver:
Atomic B2

I'll second this one! Used one in January in Florida and loved it. Now I just have to save up to buy one.

My Atomic B2. The swivel is awesome and does not affect the breathing. My reg breathes so easy without forcing air in my mouth. It breaths the same at 15 feet and at 120 feet. My wife has the M1. We both love our regs. To give you an idea how much I love my reg---- If I had to dump all my gear in an emergency, I would take the time to take my B2 with me................Yes I know they are expensie, but my theory is that you get what you pay for.... There is nothing wrong with a lot of the other regs out there, I just prefer my Atomic.....

My first reg was a Dacor Olympic 100 which I bought new. It did everything I asked of it. I own a DA Aqua master two hoser thats pretty sweet. Its the same age I am and still going strong. But my favorite is my Poseidon Xstream. It can handle about anything.

Jim

My favorite all time regulator would have to be the Aqua-Lung Royal Aqua-Master double hose regulator. Second would have to be an apeks atx 50

DA Aquamaster:
My current favorites are still my Mk20 D400's. Super performance, easy breathing, very reliable.

My second choice would be my Mk 10 Balanced Adjustables. The BA second stage in particular offers G250 performance with smaller size, less dry mouth, better heat transfer in cold water and better durability and good looks even after decades of use.

I currently use BA second stages set up with 40 inch hoses on MK 3 first stages for use as deco regs. The Mk 3 is another perennial favorite. Performance is nothing stellar at depth but it is lightweight, compact, super simple, super reliable and perfectly suited for use with high concentrations of O2 as no part of the first stage downstream of the HP seat is subjected to anything greater than intermediate pressure.
I also own a SCUBAPRO MK10 Balanced adjustable regulator. It has been my regulator of choice for over 12 years .... it replaced my Dacor R-4 doublehose and my Voit Titan IIJ which I still own. The wife and kids have always used Dacor 360's and will continue to do so as long as we can find parts.

I gotta agree with one of the earlier posts....i have one of those IDI Tri-Metal regs., and i also have various dacor, scuba-pro, mares, aqua-lung regs. in our family's equipment collection...the Tri-Metal is the easiest breathing one of them all. I've had the thing well below 100', upside down, inverted, below 36 degrees, under the ice, you name it and it has performed flawlessly....additionally, there is a guy on this board who goes by "adssupply", name is Andy, who can service the units if need be...my experience with them has been great, they are very helpful and turnaround time is phenomenal...can't say enough good about them...

Anyway, try the IDI unit, its as good as or better than unit three times the price...IMHO

J

rescuediver009:
How ironic is it that just about everyone's favourite reg is the one that they dive. What about the other regs that you may have tried or seen???

Hee hee, well the one I have been diving for the last 5 or 6 years is one I can't wait to retire: a Dacor Viper Tec.

The best reg I've tried so far has been one that I've only ever tried once, in a pool, and found out that I probably won't ever be able to take it anywhere else because I can't get it serviced. That would be my poor USD Pro Diver reg. The quality level was enough to sell me on USD, though--at least the ones that the company still supports--and I'm hoping that when my SE2 first stage comes in, it will breathe as silky smooth as the Pro Diver, and that the resulting rig will be my workhorse for years to come. I'm hoping, that is.

I've tried a few others--Dacors and Sherwoods. Mostly nonplussed. The only other brands I have any interest in right now are Scubapro and Genesis.

cheers

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom