Voiding oxygen clean regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The inspection results for my local dive shop, which makes no special effort to provide oxygen clean air, show that their air is well within the requirements for oxygen clean air. I think you would find it true of almost any shop supplying standard Grade E air. There isn't that much difference in those specifications.

That is only good so far that your shop routinely conducts those inspections. Its not really a problem until it becomes a problem.

I would not want to pay the price to have my equipment O2 cleaned for use with high concentrations of O2 only to have it contaminated from a shop's compressor that "may" be putting out O2 clean air....It may be good enough for you, and that's ok, but technically if the shop is not guaranteeing O2 clean air then the air is suspect from an O2 clean standpoint.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom