Spearfishing Northwest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevjl2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am interested in doing some spearfishing around the Sound for Ling Cabezon etc. Been diving Northern CA for some time now, East Coast before that. I will dive anywhere in the sound but I prefer a boat trip that has a Hunting only trip so I don't have to hear any crap from non hunters. Suggestions please. Thanks

Kev, there is no real spearfishing charters, it was advertised and it was disposed of.

In the sanjuans it was Island diving that last did some and put on there site.

Bandito charters has started a charter on the olympic pennisula, it is said to be the island diver boat they purchased. You can call rick and see if spearfihing divers might do a run sometime. The season is longer and earlier.

You can also just ask each charter if they have one go out that they just keep quite.

There are several divers that go on there own. I see more divers in front of my house during ling season then I do all year, And I am talking 3 boats during week and up to 10 on the sat & sun.

When are you coming up, maybe I can help ya better, or are you just making trip to hunt ling and cabezon.

Happy Diving

Second that on Neah Bay (area 4). The season is longer, more liberal limits and rockfish are on the menu. I dove there last year, late in the season and still took two nice ling diving from the causway out to the island north of town. A boat would have definatley been easier! Let me know if you want to plan a dive either there or in the sound. I just moved here and am always looking to make new friends.

Back
Top Bottom