SPG routed with BC inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both non-sensical "cons" as well. Bending a hose in two typically wont work to stop anything (nor if it breaks more towards the first stage). It's worthless and wont work in the real world.

As for lifting the hose - why would you? Why not dive properly using the lower back dump so you can maintain a proper horizontal trim and swimming position. I really cant think of a time where i ever need to dump from the hose.

Two reg hoses with the corrugated hose may too stiff to easily lift to dump air thus may require one to assume a more vertical position in the water column.

I wouldn't connect them.

Thank you all so much for the input! I'm going to give this method a shot. Now, I just need to figure out which length is most appropriate, which I can't really do until I receive my new bp&w. Although, the bc inflator hose is 18" So that's probably a clue.

M

Just experiment with a normal HP hose for now. Loop it around the tank. That way you can dive, adjust and get a good idea of the right length when it comes to ordering a custom length hose.

Me and my son dive this way, and we love it. Still working on finding the ideal length of HP hose. Currently, the SPG is riiiight next to the inflator, so I think we're going to try longer (20-22") hoses, currently using 16 and 18.

There is nothing wrong with draping the SPG over your right shoulder if there is less interference. Ideal hose routing is highly individual and a PITA until you get it dialed-in.

Last edited:
Both non-sensical "cons" as well. Bending a hose in two typically wont work to stop anything (nor if it breaks more towards the first stage). It's worthless and wont work in the real world.

As for lifting the hose - why would you? Why not dive properly using the lower back dump so you can maintain a proper horizontal trim and swimming position. I really cant think of a time where i ever need to dump from the hose.

I agree that making the hose too stiff is probably baloney, but lifting the inflator to dump is a real thing. Diving is 3d, and sometimes you've gotta have a head-up attitude. The corrugated hose is a very viable option, no need to poopoo using it.

I run a 'button' SPG along side my inflator/octo hose and use bungee cord to keep the two together......This is for OW w/a BC and a hoseless computer.....I use it in case the transmitter stops sending the PSI......

Back
Top Bottom