SPG's All The Same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d once bubbled...
Thanx for the pic KKM. Isn't it easier to see the gauge if it's clipped off on a cest D-ring? Or do you keep the tip warp or o-ring loose so it slide up and down the hose and you can leave it clipped off and still slide it up? I'm not sure if I'm saying this right I hope you guys know what I mean.
You just clip it off to the left side waist d ring. When you need it, unclip it, check it then clip it back. I've found the 24" hose to be a little short with my sinlges rig so I went to a 26" hose.

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...

You just clip it off to the left side waist d ring. When you need it, unclip it, check it then clip it back. I've found the 24" hose to be a little short with my sinlges rig so I went to a 26" hose.

What he said...

taat2d,
I bought my OMS SPG from LP, came with the boot...about $65 as I recall....add a SS bolt snap and an O-ring and you have a DIR style SPG.

Ok I got it now. Let's see;

No boot, tie wrap, o-ring, or cave line with clip, 24" HP hose and clipped off at left waist D-ring.

I think I can remember that.:wink:

DIR states that the boot encourages corrosion. As I recall the Scubapro model was twice the price of my OMS.

I used the boot, as I was concerned that if the SPG ever 'smacked' down on the ground or the deck of a boat, it might crack the glass. Thoughts on this? Are my concerns on this unwarranted?

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
O-ring, was about PSI graduations instead of BAR?
...PSI is a lot more useful for us Americans and Liberians, but I think that's why John has them for $39... Cheapest PSI gauge I have seen is the OMS at LeisurePro which is now $75 (was $65 last year). I thought I would post the NE Scuba gauge link for our BAR using friends. I have one of the BAR gauges on my o2 bottle and it works fine for that...I am still too much of an imperial lemming to use one on my backgas though..

I hear that...we use a lot of metrics in the medical arena, but I still know Imperial better...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom