Spring Break plans...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When is your spring break? I will be diving in Panama City Beach for a week in march. Let me know I need a dive buddy

Mine is the second week in March.

I'm going on a cruise to Progreso and Cozumel over Spring Break. I've been told there are cenotes to swim/dive in there. I'm going to find out and try to get my cavern cert before I go.

Michael,
Drop me a note on your cruise details. I am planning a cruise for next year and Carnival out of NO looks like a great option.
Howard

Howard,

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART
Sat Mar 15 Mobile, AL 4:00pm
Sun Mar 16 At Sea
Mon Mar 17 Progreso / Merida, Mexico 7:00am 4:00pm
Tue Mar 18 Cozumel, Mexico 9:00am 5:00pm
Wed Mar 19 At Sea
Thu Mar 20 Mobile, AL 8:00am

We went out of New Orleans two years ago on the Carnival Conquest. That was a helluva trip. After Katrina, we drove to Galveston and rode the Conquest for 10 days as Rita decided she wanted to come to shore near Galveston, so they thought. (10 days for the price of 7, I'll take it.)

Any other info, where we get our cruise booked at: Discount Cruises, Last Minute Cruises, Cruise, Cruise Line, Cruise Vacation

going to the first annual springfest at vortex springs,really need a dive fix now but i will probably just go out into the garage and turn my 72s into a set of doubles,just got my bands a few minutes ago.

going to the first annual springfest at vortex springs,really need a dive fix now but i will probably just go out into the garage and turn my 72s into a set of doubles,just got my bands a few minutes ago.

I am anxious to get back in the water. My last dives were in N. Florida in November. I am scheduled and confirmed now to finish my full cave cert in Luraville Feb 29th to Mar 9. I will be looking to get into the water soon after to practice some more newly learned skills. I may just have to meet some SBers over at Vortex in April. I also have reservations at the Marriott in Key Largo for the ITK 2008 in July. Of course, since I have to drive by North Florida, there will be the mandatory, obligatory cave stops.:D

I just made deals on double steel 130s with valves and manifold, double AL 80s, a new DR 10W HID slimline, a 40CF deco bottle and a manta CR-1 reel. I am definitely looking to get wet soon.

Michael,
Thanks. We are looking at the Mobile option as well. The ship from Mobile is smaller and little bit older. Let me know how the trip goes. As far as diving ops, best bet is to sign up with the cruise line. The ship knows your whereabouts if you book excursions through the ship. Going through any other op might be good or even better, but as far as the ship, they think you are just downtown and might be prone to leave you if your op runs late. My 2 cents.
Howard

How much / what type of diving is done on those cruises?

I've never been to Progreso but, in Cozumel on the Norwegian Cruise, I dove with the cruise line in Belize and I dove with Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico. They usually have a boat that leaves around 9. We were docked at 8. Plenty of time to get there. 2 dives at Belize and 2 in Cozumel.

I think we paid 360.00 X 3 for three people (yes, we had to pay full adult price for Tanner.) Usually it's 199.99 per person. (Welcome to Spring Break.) I think the dive through the cruise ship was 140.00 and 90 with Blue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom