Stiletto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A stiletto is a short knife or dagger with a long slender blade of various designs. This dagger is primarily a stabbing weapon: its narrow shape, ending in a rigid pointed end, allows it to penetrate deeply. It is not suited for cutting, even with edged examples. A typical early stiletto was a one-piece cast-metal handle and blade, which was then hammer-forged in a V-groove anvil, producing a triangular blade cross section without any sharpened edges. Other examples have round, square, and diamond cross sections. The word stiletto may sometimes be used in American English to refer to a switchblade. Stiletto may also be used specifically for a knife exhibiting the same triangular cross-section and hollow grind as a small sword, rapier, or épée.

A stiletto is a short knife or dagger with a long slender blade of various designs. This dagger is primarily a stabbing weapon: its narrow shape, ending in a rigid pointed end, allows it to penetrate deeply. It is not suited for cutting, even with edged examples. A typical early stiletto was a one-piece cast-metal handle and blade, which was then hammer-forged in a V-groove anvil, producing a triangular blade cross section without any sharpened edges. Other examples have round, square, and diamond cross sections. The word stiletto may sometimes be used in American English to refer to a switchblade. Stiletto may also be used specifically for a knife exhibiting the same triangular cross-section and hollow grind as a small sword, rapier, or épée.

What about a Stilletto High heel? But really the only Stilleto I care about is the one in my garage. It says Zeagle on it too, now that I have my Ranger I am hold the Stilletto for a friend.

Scott yeah I don't get it ether....But, then a lot of things get by me....except Dinner time. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom