Strap for power inflator hose to stay on left shoulder harness webbing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put just the LP hose through the loop and then run the lp hose through bike tube to attache it near the inflator. Easy peasy Japaneasy. Every time I try to attache a pic, my brouser shuts off. It does not like Scubaboard.

Perhaps the browser has been drinking.

went for a dive today with the lp hose through the inner tubing, ended up ripping the hose out of the inflator lmao... had to turn air off on surface, plug in lp hose then turn air back on again. no good.
probably because the nozzle for attaching the lp hose was on the tube and it moved when i was pulling it.

so i did the rest of the dives with the inflator loose. i could just reach behind my head and grab it.
in the mean time i will have to wait until my shoulder velcro strap arrives but its not a big deal anyway.

went for a dive today with the lp hose through the inner tubing, ended up ripping the hose out of the inflator lmao... had to turn air off on surface, plug in lp hose then turn air back on again. no good.
@Nitro91: Why did you feel the need to surface in order to straighten out the issue?
You weren't losing any air, and the BC still worked, although you didn't have access to power inflation.
You could have easily continued with the rest of your dive after the inflater hose popped off the power inflater.

FWIW, it's good to periodically practice using oral inflation of your BC both underwater and at the surface. It's a safety thing.
I actually prefer to use oral inflation of the BC at the surface. YMMV.

As for the innertubing pulling the inflater hose off the power inflater...that really shouldn't happen. It helps to position the innertube so that it's not hindering the BC venting process. With a properly functioning inflater hose (checked during pre-dive tests), the hose collar needs to be pulled back in order to release it from the power inflater. Most likely, the unintentional release was caused by inadvertent touching of the collar while manipulating the power inflater and/or exerting a significant pulling stress on the inflater hose. I should also mention that I've seen lots of beginners who hold up the power inflater very high in the water column, much higher than is necessary to vent. Depending on the length of the corrugated hose, a diver can usually just roll his shoulders slightly and then hit the exhaust button without holding the power inflater too high. It just needs to be at the highest point in the water column so that the air inside your BC has a way to exit. FYI, you should also remember that you have another way (one or more dump valves) to exhaust gas from the BC bladder.

Hope this helps...

As per the instructions furnished with every DSS harness, it is our intent that one inner tube loop be placed above the left chest dring.

This loop is use to control the LP hose, not the corrugated hose. This loop typically ends up just below the top of the divers shoulder. In this location it s quite easy to raise the power inflator to dump gas.

Many divers will also use a bungee loop at the left chest dring in addition to the inner tube loop above the dring.

The inner tube loop will keep the corrugated hose and lp hose from ending up behind he diver if the power inflator comes out of the bungee loop at the left chest dring. This of particular usefulness when scootering, as the corrugated hose and power inflator can "blow" behind the divers head if not constrained.

It is also important to make sure the LP quick disconnect be full engaged on the niple on the power inflator. This requires the QD be pushed fully onto the nipple, and verified by gently tugging on hose.

Once properly engaged and under pressure it is necessary to push the QD towards the power inflator while pulling on the collar to disconnect.

Improperly connected LP hoses can be "knocked off" but fully engaged LP hoses are quite secure.

Tobin

No I was already on the surface at the start and when I wanted to submerge to start the dive I pulled the lp hose out. Te quick disconnect may not have been properly connected. Ill try next time putting the inner tube further up the webbing, it may have been to far down preventing the inflator from being raised

In Reply to your post [post=6155650]#6155650[/post]
Put just the LP hose through the loop and then run the lp hose through bike tube to attache it near the inflator. Easy peasy Japaneasy. Every time I try to attache a pic, my brouser shuts off. It does not like Scubaboard.

Perhaps the browser has been drinking.

I've been having that problem for several weeks, but SB seems to be all ship-shape, now!

In Reply to your post [post=6155650]#6155650[/post]

I've been having that problem for several weeks, but SB seems to be all ship-shape, now!
It is my machine. I had a tech at the house. It really does not like sb. On my phone now.

It is my machine. I had a tech at the house. It really does not like sb. On my phone now.

I was told on here it was my machine not SB. Of course it is not them it's us! LOL

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom