Suggestions for our third (land based) Indonesian dive holiday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral eye is 80 euros a night simply for accommodation/board... Nomad divers' 7 day package is also interesting, but for two it's over 1400 euros for 7 days...
Cheapest I've found in Bangka is Mimpi Indah brings it down to 205 euros a day for two dives full board accomodation, which still much more than what we usually pay. On Kri we'll be paying 500 000 Rp a night full board for two, for instance.

umh.. coraleye is 40 euros PP for acco and full board... the dives are 25euro each.... i stay there last july for 10 nights and i coming back the next august for 15 nights.... its a 90euro pp with two boat dive and unguided housereef third dive! for me is really cheap and better than many expensive resorts!

where did you find this cheap rates at kri eco resort??? really 500.000rp for acco/board??? for two??? let me know please, because i want go there!! thanks!!

fabio.

ps:solved, i find it... isn't kri eco resort... but an homestay! ok... :)

Last edited:
Hi Fabio, yes, we (try to) stay in homestays, cold water mandi, no electricity during the day, rice and fish every day, and try to avoid resorts because otherwise we couldn't dive as much.

We're a couple, so Coral Eye is 40x2= 80 euro per night for us + diving 25x2 50 a dive, if we were to do 2 dives a day that would be 180 a day, not particularly expensive, but still heavy on our budget on a two month dive trip.

As an indication, on Kri we'll pay 500 000 Rp for two (room + board) and can negotiate dive packages (and still dive in the same dive spots anyway, in less comfortable conditions, but comfort is not what we're after).
This allowed us to stay 11 nights and do 20 dives each last February.
On Bunaken we can get 250 000 Rp for two, room and board, and the diving is in the usual price range.

We'd rather save on accommodation and dive more - and this fits both our budget and taste :)

cheers

ben

just an update, thanks to everyone's advice we've finally sorted things out for our two month fling, intinery /ticket wise anyway.

KL to Bali, getting over jet-lag and diving in Pemuteran for 5 days (hotel booked), then Amed/Tulamben (nothing booked yet, advice very welcome) for 4/5 days.

Bali to Labuan Bajo.
We'll be staying in LBJ 13 days. Hotel booked as well, as we'll be getting a land based taste of Komodo NP rather than a liveabord. We'd rather stay on land and have time to take breaks if needed, to make up for the long commute to the park.
We might also be spending 4 nights on Kanawa island for a change and snorkel, if we do manage to book... Flight back to Bali.

We're then being bit bold and bracing for windy/wavy central Raja Ampat in August.
We're flying from Bali to Sorong via Makassar, and will be staying on Kri Island for 20 days, really looking forward to diving the Dampier Strait again when conditions are ok, snorkelling or just watching the rain fall, birds sing, and the off-season vibe.

Then it's off to Manado for 10 days. Bunaken, and probably Bangka as well (we've never been, but it really depends on how much dive money we have left)
Then hopping back from Manado to Jakarta, one night at the airport ibis styles for their lovely breakfast, and back to KL for our flight back to Europe.

ben & kayo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom