Suggestions needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midwestdiver,

I'll give you an idea that i've done a few times. Go to Anilao and stay for X days, then when you are ready to go to PG get a banca at your resort in Anilao to take you to PG via Verde Is and maybe sneak in a dive at mainit on the way (it'll be almost an hour SI before you arrive at verde anyway). At Verde I usually do at least 2 dives, its a beautiful spot. From what I remember we paid the bankero somewhere between 2 and 3K Pesos for this. I don't take a DM for these dives though, I know both sites pretty well. If you are not familiar with the spots I'd suggest bringing a DM along, they can both have challenging conditions (current / depth). Having a DM for the day would probably raise the cost from 1 - 1.5K depending on the resort / DM/DG.

When you are done diving have the banca drop you at Sabang (PG) - it's only about a 30 - 45 min trip from San Agapito point (Verde) to the main beach at Sabang. When you are done with the diving in PG just take the ferry back over to Batangas city and then a bus or taxi or pickup whatever to your next destination. Public transportation (if you are relying on it) in and out of PG is a hell of a lot easier than Anilao.

Don't waste a day of travel getting from Anilao to PG, make your transport a day of diving instead!

As to whether Anilao or Puerto Galera has better diving . . . well, I like both places but in my opinion Anilao wins. I think there is a greater diversity of dives and conditions in Anilao vs PG. Plus it's alot easier to call the shots in terms of where you go at Anilao. If you are filling a boat in PG then you can choose also - if not you'll see alot of the canyons, shark cave and hole in the wall! good dives, but it can be a bit repetitive.

Have fun!

Thats a very good idea, I thought of this same thing before. On my trip back to Batangas via the Sikat ferry, from a few days diving in PG. I could see Sombrero Island clear as day between Maricaban island and Anilao! I agree on Anilao over PG, Anilao may now have the clearest waters but still much to see.

But if I had to do it again it would be Bohol, Tagbilaran to Cabilao diving then Panglao/Balicasag Islands diving.

that what I pmed mdwstdvr, except that I went back to anilao after the 3rd and last dive in PG. Actually did 4 dives for the day. One dive was in malajibomanoc (light house) in the morning.

Anilao is better than PG?, I should say it's different.

Scuby Dooby, I might just do what you suggested. Sounds like a good plan. Why waste a dive day going to a destination when you can do some dives at the same time. F3 nikon, I will be in the PI for 4 weeks so if I have extra time (and cash) I would also like to see those dive sites you suggested. Thanks.

hi,

try considering Malapascua, just finished my vacation there 3 days ago. aircon rooms, good food. Malapascua is an island north of Cebu, they have great dive sites. Monad Shoal where you can see tresher sharks and Manta rays, Gato Island where you can go cave diving and lots of wrecks, and other sites where we didnt get to dive.

partridge:
Lets get back on topic here please. Isnt this about Brooke Burke?

Well, it'd be impolite to highjack this thread.................................alright - IMO, Brooke looked better before she married her husband who happens to be a plastic surgeon. :D

Good info on the Dive safari between Anilao & PG! I've always wanted to check out Verde Island. Conservation International does some good work there.

Good to hear you're trying it out. I do agree 100% with Scuby Dooby. Public transport is easier in and out of PG. Since you're in the Philippines 4 weeks, yes, try check out Bohol &/or Cebu (money permitted...)!

Divejulz,
With what liveaboard boat are you going with to Tubataha on September?

divejulz:
hi,

try considering Malapascua, just finished my vacation there 3 days ago. aircon rooms, good food. Malapascua is an island north of Cebu, they have great dive sites. Monad Shoal where you can see tresher sharks and Manta rays, Gato Island where you can go cave diving and lots of wrecks, and other sites where we didnt get to dive.

Did they have electricity all the time? What about hot water? running water 24 hours?

Have not dove Malapascua to date because of this very reason. My wife is my buddy and she is a bit picky about airconditioning and running hot water

Back
Top Bottom