Suites Bahia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basscat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
May have a good deal on airfare + a week at Suites Bahia. Anyone have any experience at Bahia? I like the location, as I am wanting to stay in town this trip. Would just have to figure out a dive op. TIA for any feedback!

I've stayed at the Suites Bahia 3 times in the last 2 years and staying there again next week. Simple, cheap, clean and great location. It's not the Ritz, But for the price you can't beat it. The rooms come with a small kitchen if you wanna cook. Beds are comfy and the AC works. I dive with Blue XTsea and they pick up right at the dock in front of the hotel. I know there are a few more ops that pick up there as well. If you have the extra cash, get the ocean view room! Then you can see your dive boat coming to pick you up in the morning!

Agree - a clean place with spacious rooms; not the Ritz and not great water pressure, but we would stay there again. We have stayed at El Cid La Ceiba in the past and enjoyed being able to walk to the restaurants. The ocean view rooms are a plus but the Malecon is noisy on Saturday night!

I could have certainly afforded more during the few years I did not have the Villa Aldora or a rental house, but when it was just myself visiting the dive shop for business, the Suites Bahia were my first choice. You just can't beat the convenience to town and the dive shops, and I don't ever remember it being that noisy. Reefers in every room and all the basic needs were met... all at a very reasonable price.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Stayed there June 2008 as a single diver. Room was big enough for five. Simple breakfast available in the lobby as well as internet. I believe that it is owned or at least managed by the people that own the Mexicana one of my favourite places to stay in Cozumel. I would stay at the Bahia again but for a few pesos more prefer the Mexicana.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not too picky, and not too wealthy, so sounds perfect. I have stayed at dive resorts my previous 2 trips and loved it, but really want to be in town this time. Leaning towards Aqua Safari to take advantage of that $12 afternoon dive, but have a while to research that. Looking at a late December trip. Can't wait to be back!

Great location, no frills hotel with cold AC. I've stayed here about 5-6 times and never had any problems. Short walk to Aqua Safari who I usually dive with.

It's nice to be close to town, lots of nice restaurants and bars you can walk to. Try to get a room further back from the street if you want it to a a little quiet. Usually a bit loud at night but being tired from diving and + AC usually I can fall right asleep.

Basscat,

My son and I will be at Aqua Safari shortly, staying at Safari Inn. $507pp including 5 days of 2-tank dives is a really good deal. Check back for info on that experience. We always take the AI route but since this is my son's first dive trip to Cozumel we decided to experience the budgeted approach and stay downtown and try to explore all the taco places in town...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom