Suites Bahia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone - certainly helps that this is across from El Coffee and Wet Wendy's, and around the corner from Aldora. A shame the gelato place that was downstairs has evidently been replaced by a Silver Emporium though.

Actually the Thirsty Cougar, which has a new owner. WW is north of the square on the walking part of Ave 5.

Thanks everyone - certainly helps that this is across from El Coffee and Wet Wendy's, and around the corner from Aldora. A shame the gelato place that was downstairs has evidently been replaced by a Silver Emporium though.

El Coffee was SO good. But now I'm sad that there used to be gelato :(

We thought the location was just amazing. Walkable to so many fabulous restaurants.

We also had a city view room with a great view of the ocean! You just had to sit sideways.

That's the one -- wasn't it owned by the same person when it first opened a few years ago?

Actually the Thirsty Cougar, which has a new owner. WW is north of the square on the walking part of Ave 5.

That's the one -- wasn't it owned by the same person when it first opened a few years ago?

I recall hearing the same wmperry.

Definite thumbs up for Suites Bahia. Have stayed there my last 3 three trips and it's been perfectly fine. Big rooms, good fridge, AC, one king and one double in most rooms though the beds are quite hard in that classic Mexican way. Location is convenient as can be and the breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana, included in your hotel price, is just excellent.

The only issue is you need to find a dive op that is willing to pick you up downtown. This has been an issue with our previous dive op. But many ops service downtown so shouldn't be a big problem to solve at all.

Blue magic is maybe a block north and 1/2 block west on North 4th. Walk to Ron Jons and turn right. They pay for the cab to Caletta and have some of the best prices. I don't know what your paying for the room,but the Sleep and Dive packages are discounted quite a bit. I think tres Pelicanos (I remember walking by it on one of our exploratory walks) and a few others are within walking distance as well. A cab ride to Dive with Martin would be 4 , maybe 6 dollars, to the international pier. Email the dive op of your choice and see if they can arrange transport included in the package. The competition is tough and the dives op will accommodate any reasonable request.
Jay

Yep- TP is a very easy walk from Suite Bahia (it's between SB and Casa Mexicana if you go for breakfast). And they take care of getting you to and from the marina.

Once I firm up dates with my friends staying down south I'm going to make some reservations with Aldora right around the corner.

Exactly. Chad opened and sold it just a couple weeks ago or so. I think it will probable continue to operate as usual.

Haven't stayed at the Suites Bahia but have stayed at the Casa Mexicana (one of its sister hotels by the same owner) many times. I am sure you will find it very nice. If you have a few mor $ to spend and depending on the time of year you will be traveling, you may want to check out the Casa Mexicana where guests of Suites Bahia are welcome to enjoy the free MASSIVE breakfast buffet. Check out the prices for the Casa's city view rooms. Off season you should be able to find them for around $65 all taxes included. When you go to check in... ask the front desk if they have a city view room that offers a view of the ocean. If it's the off season, you may be very surprised with the ocean views some of the city view rooms offer at the city room price!

Are the suites at Suites Bahia studio apartments or do they have a separate kitchen? We like to cook some meals when we travel but I don't care to sleep and live in the same room that I am cooking in.

Back
Top Bottom