Suunto And Bare: A Major Disappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand well your frustration with your computer and the issues on getting it back. I repair consumer electronics and deal with issues like this routinely and as much as I hate to say it, expect it to get worse before things get better. I'm dealing with a customer right now that RCA is bouncing around saying they're doing this and I know for a fact that they have not. It's been 6 months of promises broken from them, and it's not unusual.

It's not only Suunto doing this, major players are doing this as well. Repair of many items is getting tough because they're starting to stop stocking of parts or carry so few that when something is supposed to be fixed they can't do it in a timely manner and then they lie to make it seem as if they're doing something. I'll bet they haven't done squat for you at this point, especially if they can't provide tracking info.

I fully get the boat your in and understand you're pissed at them. IMO I'd buy Oceanic products because they're much better in terms of getting you back up and running.

I dive every weekend, and not in a wetsuit either. I dive drysuits and I don't have to use lube...

As long as you have not been diving with a computer that rebooted then I apologize for jumping you on that. I did get the point of the thread, but I also saw concerns. Maybe I read more into what you said, I don't know.

1) Dispute the charge on your Credit Card.
2) Buy a computer (Not suunto).

That is the best advice given yet. Dispute the charges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom