Suunto SK7/Oceanic Sidescan Wrist Compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I previously had a Uwatec Alladin console that had the compass built in it was always a PITA to use it correctly because of the teather to the HP hose. I now have switched to the Vytec and an SK7. I did A LOT of research for both computer and compass and in my opinion you will not find a better compass. And wow I can actually use it now. I usually leave it clipped inside my pocket. When I need to use it to navigate it goes on my wrist which is very easy to do u/w if you do the bugee straps. Also, for critical navigation I find it is nice to just slip the compass off and hold it in front of you..

I love my SK7. After I bought it (got screwed at the LDS btw.. heheheh), I slapped some bungee loops onto it, and it's worked great for me ever since.

Really makes throwing it on over a drysuit simple and easy.

I want some of those elastic and velcro straps though... look MUCH cleaner. Just need to figure out a way to attach them to my bottom timer...

-B

Here's another thumbs up for the SK7, got mine last week. FYI, lots of cavers go with the SK6 because it doesn't ride as high on the wrist. However, the SK7 has better tilt characteristics. As has been said, adding bungee is no big deal and done all the time. I'd suggest two separate pieces - some use one continuous loop which if broken means no more compass.

~<//><

I got the SK7. I love it. And i ordered the bungee strap that lal suggested. Thanx lal.

I think you can see from the response that the Suunto is the way to go. Check on Ebay if you are inclined to shop there. There is a guy on East Coast selling for $55.00. Much better price than my LDS $115. price.

I have not put bungees on yet, but will soon.

SMKChef once bubbled...
I think you can see from the response that the Suunto is the way to go. Check on Ebay if you are inclined to shop there. There is a guy on East Coast selling for $55.00. Much better price than my LDS $115. price.

I have not put bungees on yet, but will soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom