Question Suunto Transmitter on Scubapro MK17: Which Flow Restrictor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alfred Stoppels

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the Suunto transmitter on my Scubapro MK17 evo.
Not directly on it but also not using the extention hose.
I need use the extention-adaptor that came with the MK17 (to clear it from the next-door hose)
The manual is not conclusive about which Airflow Restrictor to use in this case, Type A or Type B.
On the photo is my setup and my choice, which one do I pick here. Please only respnd if you are absolute certain about it :)
SUUNTO.png

Happy Regards from Holland,
Alfred

As far as I know, the Suunto transmitter is proprietary to Suunto DCs only and won't work with any other brand.
Have you even checked to see if it will work? I'd be surprised if it does.

Hello,

It should be A AFAIK. Restrictor B is for hoses.

Best wishes Jens

B is not a flow restrictor per se (though it does restrict flow incidentally). It is a spool and its purpose is to maintain a seal while the gauge rotates on a hose. A is the part you need.

As far as I know, the Suunto transmitter is proprietary to Suunto DCs only and won't work with any other brand.
Have you even checked to see if it will work? I'd be surprised if it does.
The computer connected you the transmitter is the suunto vyper. This is about connecting it to a first stage ;-)

The tiny tank pod leaflet should have the information you need:
IMG_7969.jpeg
IMG_7968.jpeg

No, this is not talking about the extention-kit ...
Doesn’t matter - looking at the extension plug in the pic it’s still the equivalent of a direct connection to the reg female thread. Alternatively skip the extension plug and use a 6” HP hose and the type B flow restrictor … you will still get the clearance.

This is not that difficult. Type B is for hoses, so you can swivel. A is for not hoses, because you do not need to swivel. You are not using a hose, right? Then A. The SP extension you are using just clones the port to be farther from the reg body. You are connecting as if directly to the reg. Type A.

Back
Top Bottom