Question Suunto Transmitter on Scubapro MK17: Which Flow Restrictor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn’t matter - looking at the extension plug in the pic it’s still the equivalent of a direct connection to the reg female thread. Alternatively skip the extension plug and use a 6” HP hose and the type B flow restrictor … you will still get the clearance.
Don't like it with a hose, that will be swinging around and stuff.

A 15cm hose. Far better than direct connection to the FS.
Apparently he dies not know how stiff a 15cm HP hose is under pressure. It does not "swing around."

This is not that difficult. Type B is for hoses, so you can swivel. A is for not hoses, because you do not need to swivel. You are not using a hose, right? Then A. The SP extension you are using just clones the port to be farther from the reg body. You are connecting as if directly to the reg. Type A.
Thank you :)

Other than the fine banter, is the restricter necessary? I use the SP transmitter in the fitting (needed on the EVO but not the old 17) I assume it’s only purpose would to keep the pressure from slamming the transmitter if the valve were opened to fast.

Other than the fine banter, is the restricter necessary? I use the SP transmitter in the fitting (needed on the EVO but not the old 17) I assume it’s only purpose would to keep the pressure from slamming the transmitter if the valve were opened to fast.
I've wondered about that too. Don't most first stages have a tiny hole in the HP port that acts as the flow restrictor? But, hey, it is Suunto....

Thank you, this helps. I am new to this transmitter-stuff with restrictors in it, nor am I technicaly skilled to understand excactly how it works. Just wanna dive safe and handle the gear as it should. I understand now that even without the restrictor ill still be fine. I will put in type A.

It's necessary per Suunto. There was an issue with transmitter exploding a while ago (or something close to this). The restrictor slows down the air flow into the transmitter's opening.

It's necessary per Suunto. There was an issue with transmitter exploding a while ago (or something close to this). The restrictor slows down the air flow into the transmitter's opening.
I felt I had some deeply buried memory of this but haven’t used anything Suunto in years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom