Suunto transmitter - what is your opinion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Viper Air with transmitter and never had a sync problem underwater. Occasionally it will not synch, but then I just have to to run the pairing option on the Viper and it works every time.
These days I'm just using my Viper for a bottom timer, but I still use the transmitter to determine my SAC rates. It's interesting to see how my SAC rates change depending on water temp and dive objectives. I also like to be able to look at my dive profile to see how accurate I am with depth on deco stops.

I have 2 Suuntos and several regs (for different purposes). I put transmitters on all of them. This makes it convenient to use the same computer amongst several regs. I've never had any issues with them. I change the batteries in the transmitter at the same time as the computer (once a year) but that is overkill. For my tech and cave diving rigs backup is essential so an SPG is also on the reg (I use an Eco Drive for backup depth and time).

As far as the money goes, it is a tough call. It is a lot to spend for one less hose.

Another vote for the transmitter. Much easier and cleaner. I do have an spg but never look at it unless issues arise with sync. Never real sync issues with my Suunto after 3 years (D9)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom