Suunto Vyper 2 and Macdive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cparthur

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there

I have been using Macdive successfully with a Gekko to download my dive data, but have donated that to my wife and bought a Vyper 2 for me - the only problem is that now I don't seem to be able to download the data anymore.

On the Gekko there is a menu option to tell it to communicate with a PC, but this doesn't seem to be available from the Vyper 2 and I can't get it to work any other way.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get this to work, I'd be very grateful.

Paul

Hmmm - a bit more research has revealed that the Custom Ideas cable I have doesn't seem to work with the Vyper 2 - if anyone has any suggestions on how to get this to work, I'd be very grateful. Will the official Suunto cable work with MacDive and the Vyper2?

Hmmm - a bit more research has revealed that the Custom Ideas cable I have doesn't seem to work with the Vyper 2 - if anyone has any suggestions on how to get this to work, I'd be very grateful. Will the official Suunto cable work with MacDive and the Vyper2?

Yes, it will work fine with the official suunto cable. AFAIK you're out of luck with CustomIdea cable, at least according to their website.

When you buy the Suunto cable- be sure to go to MacDive's website to download the drivers for the cable - mine didn't come with Mac drivers.

I have the Vyper2 and MacDive and one other suggestion- it seems to get a better connection to the dive computer if you connect it with the box part of the cable on top of the watch (not sticking out from the watch) I hope this makes sense. When the cable is hooked up correctly it will say Data Transfer on the screen of the Dive Computer- then in MacDive go to File and Import and choose the Vyper2

Hope this helps- and I hope you enjoy your new computer.

After mistakenly buying the CustomIdea suunto cable I found it kind of dead ended support before snow leopard. No reply from their e-mail. Nothing via google.

On to another cable.

The CustomIdea cable only works on the older models.
The suunto cable works after you get the MAc drivers.
http://Smartinterface.de makes an identical cable to the CustomIdea and it works with all the 'Vyper' cased computers.
It will work with DiveLog also.

Hi there

I have been using Macdive successfully with a Gekko to download my dive data, but have donated that to my wife and bought a Vyper 2 for me - the only problem is that now I don't seem to be able to download the data anymore.

On the Gekko there is a menu option to tell it to communicate with a PC, but this doesn't seem to be available from the Vyper 2 and I can't get it to work any other way.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get this to work, I'd be very grateful.

Paul
How come the wife gets the scraps?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom