Suunto Vyper or Cressi Giotto?

Suunto Vyper or Cressi Giotto

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmaziuk - not sure about the science but I'll take your word for it. I think the sample size gives you a better idea of your dive profile when you download it (from what I've read). Do you have any recommendations for dive computers?

Really it will not make a material or noticeable difference on the dive or the plotted profile. I do down load dives and look at the profile the systems show a graph in a window on the screen, so 40-60minutes in 20cm.

But it is your money and your choice.

---------- Post added December 19th, 2015 at 06:59 PM ----------

No, it's still in production and on Suuntos web site. I think the Zoop is being discontued though, can't remember where I read that though.

Maybe here Discontinued Zoop Dive Computer - Dive Right in Scuba

Last edited:
dmaziuk - not sure about the science but I'll take your word for it. I think the sample size gives you a better idea of your dive profile when you download it (from what I've read). Do you have any recommendations for dive computers?

On the plotted profile every hand wave will be a sawtooth spike. Like I said, you go up and down on every breath cycle, you want that smoothed out on your profile plot -- that's the opposite of what you get from plotting with higher sampling rate. Aside from being able to actually display it on your screen in any meaningful fashion.

As for the recommendation, it's all over this forum right now: wait a month for Deep6. If I were buying myself right now, I would either do that or buy a Hollis TX1. Vyper and Giotto, specifically, are pretty much irrelevant right now because the $150-200 "basic" computers have grown the same features they have, and the $300-500 computers come with way more goodies.

$275 is a decent price for vyper + uplink kit, though, so if you need one right this second, it's not a bad option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom