Suunto Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the Zoop have Guage Mode? The manual I downloaded doesn't mention that. IF it does have Guage Mode (perhaps as an undocumented feature?), it would reinforce my belief that it is a good "first computer."

Unlike the Vyper, the Zoop has no gauge mode, simulator nor an active backlight.

Not according to their comparison charts either -
Compare | Suunto

I don't see it listed in the specs either, nor the user manual. However, their website does mention it in the FAQ section:

The Zoop does not have a specific freedive mode. It has a gauge mode which can be used while freediving to show time and depth but please note that if you dive with the Zoop in gauge mode then Air and Nitrox modes cannot be accessed for 48 hours.

Seems like that is a false answer...

Unlike the Vyper, the Zoop has no gauge mode, simulator nor an active backlight.

You are correct, though I NEVER use the backlight feature. Ironically, it was somewhat of a selling point for me over the Zoop. Either way, love both computers. I bought a Zoop for my girlfriend and she couldn't be happier...that is until she tries out a Cobalt or Shearwater Predator :D.

You are correct, though I NEVER use the backlight feature. Ironically, it was somewhat of a selling point for me over the Zoop. Either way, love both computers. I bought a Zoop for my girlfriend and she couldn't be happier...that is until she tries out a Cobalt or Shearwater Predator :D.

I also did not use the backlight on the Vyper, as it was too hard to activate with my gloves and also it would turn off.

But with my Galileo Sol I use the backlight on all my night dives, as it's easy to control with the side big buttons, and it has push ON/OFF mode. I just leave it on for the duration of the night dive.

With the Suuntos you may need a small light on an Oxycheq sock on the opposite wrist, to see the computer face at night.

I spent a while diving around Indo last year did a whole lot of night dives and found the light on the vyper bit of a pain to activate, not very ergonomic, so have decided to go OLED and am waiting for the Lynx to come out later this year.

I don't use the backlight on my Vyper either. Seems to be a trend...

I started cert today. One of my questions was that if I were to make a purchase between BC or reg what would it be?

He said 'computer' lol and specifically mentioned the Zoop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom