swim trunks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:) ok, here's a goofy question. What do guys wear under their wetsuits? Do regular baggy swim trunks work, or does something like 'jammers' which are snug fitting work better? I ask this because I thought I would get my DH a new swimsuit before our first dive trip, but want it to be comfortable in a wetsuit. Thanks!!! :)

AmyJ:
:) ok, here's a goofy question. What do guys wear under their wetsuits? Do regular baggy swim trunks work, or does something like 'jammers' which are snug fitting work better? I ask this because I thought I would get my DH a new swimsuit before our first dive trip, but want it to be comfortable in a wetsuit. Thanks!!! :)

It would be a personal choice. For me its board shorts I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those skimpy little shorts where you stuff hangs out...

I prefer something snug. Anything that wrinkles will be molded into your skin from the pressure.

MD

Whats a DH??? Designated Hitter??? Oh...uhh...hmmm...
BTW, I like a thong...

LUBOLD8431:
Whats a DH??? Designated Hitter??? Oh...uhh...hmmm...
BTW, I like a thong...

DH= dear husband, or damn husband... you might have to decide based on context. :) Anyway, I found these 'jammer' swimsuits that look a lot like bike shorts, but are made for swimming.... so maybe that would be a way to go.. but I am still interested in ideas and opinions! Thanks

I use snug-fitting TYR lycra swim shorts in a mid-thigh length (looks like cycling shorts)...loose-fitting, baggy stuff gets all wadded up and can be really uncomfortable.

Photos here:

http://www.sportsbasement.com/sdx/H3044.jsp

I go butt-naked....it makes for good conversation on the boat during the SI's.
Just kidding....or am I? Actually I've been using board shorts in the past,but they're quite uncomfortable once you don your wetsuit. If the DH(Designated Honey) doesn't mind wearing "jammer" type swimwear then I would take that route(that's what I'm changing to.) Good luck in your choice!

Tommy

Blue Space:
It would be a personal choice. For me its board shorts I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those skimpy little shorts where you stuff hangs out...

Must be snug, but you definitely want to keep your stuff in.....
:snorkel:

I just use standard swim trunks, nothing special, Columbia swim shorts actually. They dont bunch up on me, or ive never noticed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom