Talking dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haha49

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I heard there was one that could tell you how much air and stuff you had with out haveing to look at it i was wondering if anyone knew of one..

i heard it was a rescue diver dive computer that way they could focus on saveing people instead on there gage...

The Oceanic Datamask would be the way do it! And if you would like to demo the mask we have a demo trip to Cozumel on March 2nd thru March 5th Everyone on the trip gets to test dive the mask! Wait it gets better each person on the trip will be entered for a chance to win an Oceanic Datamask at the end of the trip (worth $1500) based on the number of spots we have for the trip thats a 1 in 18 chance to win! Good luck!

Joe

I hear voices all the time... in the elevator, holding on the phone, in other people's cars (mine is far too old to have a voice... it just stalls on me). Why would I want to hear voices underwater as well? Talk to me...

drbill:
I hear voices all the time... in the elevator, holding on the phone, in other people's cars (mine is far too old to have a voice... it just stalls on me). Why would I want to hear voices underwater as well? Talk to me...

Well maybe to better position a model for one of your video shoots? How about to garner assistance from a 'same ocean' buddy ( I know you dive solo a lot) or from the surface? Maybe even to answer a question on the species of an organism by a female student you are leading on a tour of the dive park? :wink:

I have an old Dive Talker. Never used. It needs a charger-computer interface. The manufacturer is no longer in business. Months ago I asked for any info. I got 1 response. Any interest? SKIPPY3

drbill:

I concurr.

Just give me the sound of bubbles. Besides, it would need to scream to be heard in cold water head gear.

Pete

It would probably be pretty disturbing having to hear people's dive computer talk all the time while diving.

You could pretend Stephan Hawking is your dive buddy.

"you have exceeded the theoretical no decompression time limit for this gas mixture. You have a mandatory stop at 20 feet for five minutes. The universe is comprised mostly of hydrogen, much like ordinary water. I was thinking about black holes before..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom