Technical instructors in the Toronto Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello!
I heard that Matt at Dan's Diveshop in St. Catharines is supposed to be pretty good. I am not a technical diver myself since I only started diving this year, but I did my TDI Nitrox course with him and it was great. He is extremely thorough, and takes time to make sure his students get it. Unlike some instructors he makes sure you understand what was tought before he signs off on your c-card. A friend of mine just finished his Tri-mix course with Matt and recommended him very highly.
OK.. Time to climb down from the soap box once more..

CAUTION

My understanding is that MATT fron Dans dive shop is not yet qualified to teach trimix because he is still in his apprentice stage. He also has a history of taking his students on chamber rides. I would strongly suggest you check up on his personal training history profile at the training agency he is to be with, either it be IANTD ot TDI. I say this not to knock him down, but I have only heard scary things about Matt. I would suggest you get in touch with Johnathan Brooks who also teaches TDI out of St Cathrines and who is qualified in all the right places with an increadable positive profile to boot.

PeekABoo

Interesting..
I had never heard of any chamber rides... Where are you getting your information from.. I'm just curious to find out more about the instructors I deal with .... Personally, I like his teaching style and attention to detail. He has always been professional and thorough.. I have been dealing with for about a year now and I haven't heard anything negative yet.. What am I missing?

Your missing the history of dealing and diving with Matt in the past. I don't expect you to know everyhting but I can only give you the advice, take it or leave it.

I forgot to mention one thing in my previous post.. I am not a technical diver and I don't plan on becoming one anytime soon. I like my 130ft limit.. I just started diving in July and only have 60 dives under my weightbelt (well.. integrated actually..) So it will be a while before I go technical. I will be taking the Rescue course next year and I might go for the Divemaster course next fall. No rush.. I'm here to have fun :) The most important thing is to have funu on my Blackbeard cruise in February :) Woohoo.. I'd rather do that then hang out on an anchor line for an hour at 32 degrees to decompress. :) I'll reserve the technical stuff for later when I get bored with the rec stuff :)

PeekaBoo once bubbled...
Your missing the history of dealing and diving with Matt in the past. I don't expect you to know everyhting but I can only give you the advice, take it or leave it.

Good advice.. I'll take it... But always with a grain of salt..:wink: It never hurts to ask..

I was purposely NOT participating in this discussion because I do not personally know the Instructors who are the subject of this discourse. However, as an Canadian Instructor who lived, dove and taught in Ontario until recently, I am cautioning everyone to stop rumour mongering.

The dive community in Canada is small; even smaller in Ontario. To perpetuate rumours and disinformation without first hand knowledge/evidence is very hurtful and unprofessional. Especially when you consider how quickly gossip spreads in such a small "pool".

If you MUST gossip, please take it private. This really isn't the place to be airing innuendo.

IOW, please think before you type: what would it be like if I were on the OTHER end of these rumours?!

Pax,

~SubMariner~

Dear Peek a Boo:

As the topic of your slanderous conversation I suggest you read the private email I sent you!

In regards to trimix instructors I am fully qualified and do a damn fine course! All those interested know where to find me.

Enjoy your email, I look forward to meeting you in person!

PS: To the loyal readers of Scubaboard there has never been an accident by any instructor of Dan's Dive Shop, let alone myself.

Peek a boo: If you want sh*t to dig up go to the source of all your info because there's piles and piles of it.

Thanks,

Matt Mandziuk

Hi

Does any one know of any good Trimix instructors in Toronto?.

TC

Hmmm, started the topic...then try's to answer his own question by slamming (almost) every instructor. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom