Tenneco Towers 12/18 b'day dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flat seas this am in the side yard (I know, I know- it's only Tuesday) ! I really hope the weather cooperates....

Have asked Kev to keep an eye out on the gulf stream area, if you others can take a look from shore that would be helpful :wink: The big stuff is supposed to come through between tonight and tomorrow night, settling down afterwards - but its only a prediction :wink:

AAAAAAAAArrrrggghhh!!

Question for those in the gang.. anyone have an extra nitrox computer?

Mine took a dump when I was offloading data today.... and will be off to the manufacturer tomorrow.

Have had a problem finding anything but air computers here locally for rentals..

Thanks!

Jeff

Funny you should mention that, i should have a mosquito coming in tomorrow (for a backup computer/timer for the caves) that i just bought 2nd hand, you can borrow (as long as you dont lose it or take it home :wink: ) if you like, worst case many local shops do there might have a nitrox computer for rent.

I've got an extra computer I'll through in the bag as well, just incase. I hope the conditions are good, I'm calling in sick for work Friday night so I can make it. A dive on Tenneco is just that good. Tanks are filled with EAN 32 and 40, dry suit is ready and the bags are packed. See everyone Saturday.

I got the computer this morning as promised. Personally i would take Padipro's spare, mine being suunto will limit you :wink: Debating whether to wear the drysuit on saturday as i will only have had a bit of practice in a pool and possibly a lake as well the day before. I know i will get practice over xmas and new year, but it seems a shame not to use my new toy :wink:

NetDoc:
I'm bringing my dry suit, Simon.
But you have had some playtime in it already and a lot more dives in general! I'm still going to be feeling my way into it, probably overweighted (from inexperience of how much air to have in it) and unable to predict that response quite as i can from a wing alone. We shall see how friday goes, i will work from there :wink:

Simon,

Bring the dry suit AND the wet suit. Even if you decide not to wear it on the first dive, seeing that it's kind of deep, you can always use it on the second dive for a little practice. After diving dry this time of the year you'll never dive wet again in water colder then 80. LOL

simbrooks:
But you have had some playtime in it already and a lot more dives in general! I'm still going to be feeling my way into it, probably overweighted (from inexperience of how much air to have in it) and unable to predict that response quite as i can from a wing alone. We shall see how friday goes, i will work from there :wink:

Just bleed all the air from the suit prior to getting in the water, open the neck seal and then squat down so it forces as much air from the suit as possible, and then add just enough air to keep the suit from squeezing you to much during the dive. Adding to much air to the suit during the dive will make it a real pain during the ascent, not to mention the effect it has on your bouyance. Venting the extra air as it expands isn't as easy as it looks and it just makes for task loading with everything else you have to contend with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom