Tenneco Towers 12/18 b'day dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As the others have said it was a great day. Started out this morning overcast and and cold (Cold for South Florida that is). As I loaded my gear in the truck the sun started to peak through the clouds and it began to warm up. By the time we had the gear on the boat it must have been about 78 with light winds and sunny skys. The water temp was around 75 with at least 60 + feet of vis and a light north current. As always Tenneco was beautiful. The marine life on these towers is beyond discription. We even had two Nurse sharks tucked up under some stuff laying on the bottom. Max depth on the towers today was 112.

The McAllister was fun as well. It's shallow enough so the bottom time you get with Nitrox and a computer is more then enough. I believe we had something like 47 minutes on the wreck. Enought time to make several laps around the outside and another couple of passes through the inside. Big schools of bait fish were inside the wheel house as well the engine room. I managed to get a max depth of exactly 80 feet on this one.

All in all it was a pretty nice day. Warm, sunny, calm seas, light current and good people. Happy Birthday again to Simon and thanks to everyone for a fantastic dive. I hope to see everyone again soon.

P.S. NetDoc, I'd really like to see those pictures you took. Can you zip them and maybe email them to me?

Yes it was a great day, save for second dive when my eye wouldn't let me go further than 30 feet. by the time It stopped becomming pearcing pain All were down the line. so I went up oh well another day another dive. Great boat, great staff. hope to go again.

Sorry I couldn't join you SB'ers as it sounded like a heck of a great day, but my work called. Ah, one more week to Christmas and then diving on Boxing Day! :frosty:

What a terrific day for diving (thank you Simon for dancing around the fire, we won't mention what you were wearing, to entertain the Ocean Gods. Don't worry what anyone else thinks, we still love ya man....) The Tenneco Tower was AMAZING!!!! Tons of life everywhere you look. It was pretty awesome swimming up inside the tower and checking out the different levels. The water wasn't to terrible cold, although I do (thanks to Scott) have dry suit envy. We MUST do this dive again at night. The boat was great, tons of room and a very courtesy crew. Thank you Simon for setting this up for us, it was incredible. :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom