Tenneco Towers 12/18 b'day dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can youall see me dancing for joy? Condtions are looking better here....

Whoa... unles the seas get bigger than 6-7 ft I can't possibly consider doing such a wimp dive! :D

I wish I were walking out the door to drive to the east coast instead of to work. Have a grand time!

First of all, Happy Birthday Simon!

2ndly, I am not going to be able to make this dive. I woke up with (heck, I have barely slept) sinus congestion. Happens about twice a year and I am down for the count.

I hope that everyone has a great day and some wonderful dives!

Jeff

woot woot, Happy Birthday Simon!!!! We'll see you in a few hours ? :chicken:

Simon , may you have the happiest of birthdays!!!
DANG IT ALL , MY CAR HAD A BAD FOOT THIS MORNING (tire)...
I won't be able to make it in time...GADS...

I wish you all a wonderful dive and I will catch you all later...And of course , I will pitch in for my share of the boat fees even though I am not there...
Simon, let me know how my my share it...

Have a wonderful day...
Once I get my car fixed , I might...

Jean

We had a great time! Simply grand, as Walter would say- conditions were good on the surface-maybe 1 foot. The sun was warm, the company was terrific, the diving was beautiful! Captain Todd runs his boat, the American Dream II, in a friendly, laid back, intelligent manner- we had a great DM today named Greg. For those of you that have never been out there, Tenneco Towers as a beautiful dive- two oil rigs teaming with corals, fish, & all kinds of life. Truly a spectacular dive. Our second dive was a wreck that bottoms out at 68 feet- the Don McAllister,also covered with life. I 'll leave all the fish ID'ing to the those who are more proficient- just a terrific day, all in all. Can't wait to see you guys again tomorrow at the party!

Great dives, thanks all of you for coming. I enjoyed drifting through the legs and rigging of the oil rig, wish i could have had more time down there. Then the second we dove a little cargo boat, maxed somewhere around 78ft (was the tide in or something as the dive brief said shallower :wink: ), nice swim through from bow to middle cargo holds. Next to no water troubles, the swell was almost unnoticible, which is incredible after the reports of 4-6 and 2-4ft we had coming into the weekend. Had a great buddies in Kim for both dives and Madeline for the first dive. Not sure what is going on tomorrow, but i am glad we get off the island before the boat parade shut it down - however the boats lining up to start the parade were well decked out and partying already. Ok, its time for dinner for Jenny, Julie, Vickie, Darrel (and the kids) and Colin, Kris, Xavier and Pete too - are they going to fit us anywhere. Thanks again to everyone!! You all made it a great b'day :wink:

Sounds like you all had a great day out there - the McAllister is one of the few shallow dives that I still enjoy with all the other wrecks down there to navigate to. I had to pass on diving today due to sheer indolence - I didn't feel like pumping tanks, lugging gear, and loading gas cans so no boat parade either - crawling down the Intercoastal from north Boca to Pompano at no-wake speed seemed like an agony to be avoided.
But the mango martinis and grilled lobster I had for dinner made up for all that.
Happy birthday too there dude.

Happy Birthday, Simon! Sounds like you guys had a blast. Wish I could have dived today... :crying:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom