Thailand in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is an advantage of diving during the "wet" season in Phuket. Empty boats! I've done dives on boats that holds 40+ divers with just 3 divers onboard. This rocks.

During the high season, you'll have most days with calm waters topside and the chances of having a high viz dive is a lot better. You can still get calm seas and great viz during low season but it's less frequent.

There are 3 major dives the boats from Phuket goes to all year round. Racha Islands, Phi Phi Islands, and the King Cruiser/Shark Point/Koh Dok Mai combo. The east side of Racha are easy dives and are very protected from any rough seas. You can be walking the bulkheads on the way there but be smooth once you arrive. Racha generally always has the best visibility on any given day and it's the least advanced diving in the area. This is usually the dives OW students go to.

If you want an all-inclusive package that combines wonderful diving with many other Thai activities, check out http://ThaiScubaVacations.com

If you're on a budget, check out http://DiveBnB.com where you get free lodging on the days you dive.

Whatever you do in June, you'll love Thailand.

Are there short term (+/-3 night) liveaboards running from Phuket in June?

The Similan and Surin National Parks are closed between May 15th and October 15th of each year...

Are there short term (+/-3 night) liveaboards running from Phuket in June?
KohTaoChumphon.jpg

This is on the Gulf side. Boat departs from Chumphon late Thursday evening and returns to Chumphon early Monday morning. The diving is around Koh Tao and at a few islands off the Chumphon coast.

These trips are scheduled to run from early June through September.

My wife and I are planning to do one in July or August.

These trips are directed at the Thai market; Bangkok folks who can only dive on the weekend. They run a van from Bangkok that leaves Thursday evening and returns to Bangkok Monday around noon.

Buadhai,
The Tapana???? Can you give me more information on this? I would be interested in a link if you have one.

I posted a link earlier in this thread. Here it is again: Chumphon and Kho Tao

The website is in Thai, but the people at SaiNamTalay do speak English

A "new" Tapana is being built and is supposed to be ready by the end of April. It's not clear to me whether or not the new Tapana will be doing these Chumphon trips.

We plan to book one, but haven't decided on dates yet.

Going to Thailand in jun means you should consider the weather as well. There is a reason for things being closed down around Phuket area. It is rainy season and you can have days with heavy rain. In the middle part of Thailand we hardly get any rain even in the rainy season. Like in Pattaya where I stay, there are mostly small rain showers passing by.

We can not offer the same viz as they do further south when you dive. But still we have a lot of people who dive while on holiday in Pattaya. You should check out this as a possible place to go in June. The city of Pattaya and surroundings area is possible also the place in Thailand where you can find most things to do within a short distance. I think you might be surprised if you look at all the things to do here. Did I mention that no other place in Thailand have more wrecks to dive on than Pattaya.

Wherever you go in this nice country I feel sure that you will have a memorable stay. Have fun!Going to Thailand in jun means you should consider the weather as well. There is a reason for things being closed down around Phuket area. It is rainy season and you can have days with heavy rain. In the middle part of Thailand we hardly get any rain even in the rainy season. Like in Pattaya where I stay, there are mostly small rain showers passing by.

We can not offer the same viz as they do further south when you dive. But still we have a lot of people who dive while on holiday in Pattaya. You should check out this as a possible place to go in June. The city of Pattaya and surroundings area is possible also the place in Thailand where you can find most things to do within a short distance. I think you might be surprised if you look at all the things to do here. Did I mention that no other place in Thailand have more wrecks to dive on than Pattaya.

Check out this page to learn more about Pattaya diving: weDIVE Pattaya :: 1st Choice For Scuba Diving Pattaya

Wherever you go in this nice country I feel sure that you will have a memorable stay. Have fun!

Last edited:
Going to Thailand in jun means you should consider the weather as well. There is a reason for things being closed down around Phuket area. It is rainy season and you can have days with heavy rain. In the middle part of Thailand we hardly get any rain even in the rainy season. Like in Pattaya where I stay, there are mostly small rain showers passing by.

Wherever you go in this nice country I feel sure that you will have a memorable stay. Have fun!Going to Thailand in jun means you should consider the weather as well. There is a reason for things being closed down around Phuket area. It is rainy season and you can have days with heavy rain. In the middle part of Thailand we hardly get any rain even in the rainy season. Like in Pattaya where I stay, there are mostly small rain showers passing by.

Check out this page to learn more about Pattaya diving: weDIVE Pattaya :: 1st Choice For Scuba Diving Pattaya

Wherever you go in this nice country I feel sure that you will have a memorable stay. Have fun!

Is there an echo in here ? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom