Thailand in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to Thailand in jun means you should consider the weather as well. There is a reason for things being closed down around Phuket area. It is rainy season and you can have days with heavy rain. In the middle part of Thailand we hardly get any rain even in the rainy season. Like in Pattaya where I stay, there are mostly small rain showers passing by.

We can not offer the same viz as they do further south when you dive. But still we have a lot of people who dive while on holiday in Pattaya. You should check out this as a possible place to go in June. The city of Pattaya and surroundings area is possible also the place in Thailand where you can find most things to do within a short distance. I think you might be surprised if you look at all the things to do here. Did I mention that no other place in Thailand have more wrecks to dive on than Pattaya.

Wherever you go in this nice country I feel sure that you will have a memorable stay. Have fun!Going to Thailand in jun means you should consider the weather as well. There is a reason for things being closed down around Phuket area. It is rainy season and you can have days with heavy rain. In the middle part of Thailand we hardly get any rain even in the rainy season. Like in Pattaya where I stay, there are mostly small rain showers passing by.

We can not offer the same viz as they do further south when you dive. But still we have a lot of people who dive while on holiday in Pattaya. You should check out this as a possible place to go in June. The city of Pattaya and surroundings area is possible also the place in Thailand where you can find most things to do within a short distance. I think you might be surprised if you look at all the things to do here. Did I mention that no other place in Thailand have more wrecks to dive on than Pattaya.

Check out this page to learn more about Pattaya diving: weDIVE Pattaya :: 1st Choice For Scuba Diving Pattaya

Wherever you go in this nice country I feel sure that you will have a memorable stay. Have fun!

Surely you are not seriously suggesting someone travels all that way to dive in Pattaya?
If that is the best option Thailand has in June (which I doubt very much) I would forget Thailand all together and simply look for another destination. Pattaya diving whilst maybe worth a look for a couple of days if you are in the area and at a loose end, is certainly not good enough to make it the basis of a dive specific trip.

I have now been in Ko Chang about 8 weeks.
At my opinion here is much more coral than at Phi Phi islands and closed by sites. (except. Hin Muang/Daeng)
Not so much sharks, and only few turtle, but here is a lot of other common fishes and of course THE wreck, MS Chang....

Weather have been nice, at day time sun is shining and if here is thunderstorms or rain it usually is by night or early morning.
Visibility (underwater) is usually from 10m to 30m, depending the time of month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom