The Best Dounut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murph-diver:
and the single tank wing guys.....?
I have dove with both the Halcyon Pioneer 36# and the OxyCheq 45# wings on a single tank setup, both with a STA. They both have some advantages, but I like the OxyCheq a little better. It has expanding gussets next to the tank, which keeps the less durable material shielded a bit. Pioneer has them on the outside, away from the tank. It does not come with integral STA, but I like the SS STA anyway. Keeps the tank very stable
The Pioneer has a handy handle on the top end of the wing is is nice to use when setting up the gear over the tank. The Pioneer does come with integral STA devices.

You will be happy with either one over any of the other back inflate BC out there no matter which one you choose. The trim is better and much less drag and in my case (moved from a Ranger) it actually dropped 3# of weight I was using due to the "fluffiness" of the Ranger.

murph-diver:
and the single tank wing guys.....?
OK, I've dove with the Oxycheq 30 and the Halcyon Eclipse 30. I replaced the Oxycheq because I wanted the extra durability of the outside shell. A nice benefit was the smaller profile of the Eclipse. I also like the much maligned and now recalled ss inflator. Mine works very smoothly and is very precise. There both very good wings.

And I vote for the plain cake Dunkin Donuts.

reubencahn:
OK, I've dove with the Oxycheq 30 and the Halcyon Eclipse 30. I replaced the Oxycheq because I wanted the extra durability of the outside shell.

Oxycheq now makes a "signature series" line of wings that has the inner bladder, as well as a tough exterior shell ( like the Eclipse ) It is one well made wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom